Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlike the sole urine tests issued by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Olympic t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    That is what Team Mayweather is looking to prevent.

And that cat, Dwyer from Gambler's Advisory, made an important point regarding trying to enforce the after-the-fight-blood-testing if Team Pacquiao decided they would not submit to it after all.

Trying to enforce it would be futile because the fight is over and they'll collect their money, and there would be no way to really find out what the results might have been.
    that's so easy it's not even funny.

put a $20 million dollar penalty if pacquiao doesn't take the blood test after the fight.

pacquiao can't refuse to that. it'll make it appear he doesn't plan on taking the test after the fight. it'll be like how floyd couldn't refuse the weight penalty. refusing it would admit he doesn't intend to come on weight.

Comment

That is what Team Mayweather is looking to prevent.

And that cat, Dwyer from Gambler's Advisory, made an important point regarding trying to enforce the after-the-fight-blood-testing if Team Pacquiao decided they would not submit to it after all.

Trying to enforce it would be futile because the fight is over and they'll collect their money, and there would be no way to really find out what the results might have been.
      Exactly, and just because Mayweather trains at silly hours people say the test suits him. But the fact of the matter is their needs to be a total shake up of drug testing in boxing so for the BIGGEST FIGHT IN HISTORY, why dont Team Pac make a statement and do the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

put a $20 million dollar penalty if pacquiao doesn't take the blood test after the fight.

pacquiao can't refuse to that. it'll make it appear he doesn't plan on taking the test after the fight. it'll be like how floyd couldn't refuse the weight penalty. refusing it would admit he doesn't intend to come on weight.
        No thats stupid, he should take the test regardless. And Mayweather should come in at the stated weight regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by !! 2Tough !! View Post
          No thats stupid, he should take the test regardless. And Mayweather should come in at the stated weight regardless.
          it might be stupid but that's how you guarantee it.

Comment

That's a good idea, and one which I'm positive Team Mayweather might be mulling over. The problem is getting Team Pacquiao to sign on it.

Originally posted by !! 2Tough !! View Post
            Exactly, and just because Mayweather trains at silly hours people say the test suits him. But the fact of the matter is their needs to be a total shake up of drug testing in boxing so for the BIGGEST FIGHT IN HISTORY, why don't Team Pac make a statement and do the tests.
            I agree wholeheartedly. It would force boxers to think twice about cheating the system.

Comment

Why is nobody discussing how the effectiveness of USADA and the WADA testing is based on their ability to test year round, not just in a short 2 month testing period. In order for truly accurate testing they need to be testing during off training periods in order to get accurate benchmarks of an athlete's blood work for comparison. Also, they find that the off seasons is when they find most of the dopers while they're trying to recover from injuries and/or increase performance for the next season. (hmm 2 year layoff for PBF and he comes back bigger?)

My point is that May's pushing for Olympic style testing is pointless in the fact that those standards are based upon random testing over long periods of time.

If people really want to catch dopers in boxing everyone needs to be migrated to the olympic standard both during training camps AND their off time in between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Why is nobody discussing how the effectiveness of USADA and the WADA testing is based on their ability to test year round, not just in a short 2 month testing period. In order for truly accurate testing they need to be testing during off training periods in order to get accurate benchmarks of an athlete's blood work for comparison. Also, they find that the off seasons is when they find most of the dopers while they're trying to recover from injuries and/or increase performance for the next season. (hmm 2 year layoff for PBF and he comes back bigger?)

My point is that May's pushing for Olympic style testing is pointless in the fact that those standards are based upon random testing over long periods of time.

If people really want to catch dopers in boxing everyone needs to be migrated to the olympic standard both during training camps AND their off time in between fights.
                Good point, but it will still be more effective that the testing of the NSAC.

Comment

That's a good idea, and one which I'm positive Team Mayweather might be mulling over. The problem is getting Team Pacquiao to sign on it.
                  team pacquiao got totally screwed in the arse publicly.

they did pacquiao a total disservice.

if i was pacquiao (and pacquiao was clean) i would be so pissed at how they mishandled everything.

they made the pr hit worse than it should have been.

i made a thread a few days back on what i thought pac's team should have said instead of what they did say.

team may has the upper hand in negotiations from this point on.

Comment

That's interesting. I would love to know what may or may not be accurate about a statement made by a well known and established organization with decades of experience.

The CEO of anti-doping agency is on Mayweathers Payroll.lol

Comment

team pacquiao got totally screwed in the arse publicly.

they did pacquiao a total disservice.

if i was pacquiao (and pacquiao was clean) i would be so pissed at how they mishandled everything.

they made the pr hit worse than it should have been.

i made a thread a few days back on what i thought pac's team should have said instead of what they did say.

team may has the upper hand in negotiations from this point on.

Pac really does have the worse PR team since Tiger woods, He need to hire Hatton's PR need.

Comment

Working...
                      X