No announcement yet.

Sparring fresh or tired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring fresh or tired

I was wondering whether it’s most beneficial to spar after a light warmup or after intense 1-2 hour workouts. Seen people argue for both sides.

Some coaches have different opinions on this but I would definitely say fresh. You don't want to be dead tired in there getting hit in the head repeatedly. Sparring should be done at your best or you'll be gassed and be getting teed on. Just be warmed up but not tired at all.

Comment

Both
      But mainly after 30-45 minutes of training

Comment

Depends on the goal of the sparring. Both has its use

Comment

I usually do 30mins warm up before spar.

Comment

I would go fresh, once I almost got ****ed up bad after a 2 hour work out

Comment

first complete your workout

Comment

Same I got fked up bad one time after a 2.5 hour workout but my coach said it teaches you to fight tired

Comment

Originally posted by Pkety View Post
                  I was wondering whether it’s most beneficial to spar after a light warmup or after intense 1-2 hour workouts. Seen people argue for both sides.

Spar after the workout. First few days you will feel tired but after a while your fitness shoots through the roof. Start in the morning with your 60m run. Don’t count that as a workout. It’s all mental. Then do your normal training. Don’t count that as a workout either. Do your sparring as well, that reflects real boxing conditions and by the time you fight you are high up there.

Comment

Fresh, but having worked through the shadow boxing...…...Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X