No announcement yet.

Copp: Ruiz wants more than $9 mil or he won't fight in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I mean he has zero rights to ask for more due to it already in his contract, but if I was him I would ask for more, you can only try. Doesn’t hurt to. But even 9m is a lot.
    Exactly, doesnt hurt to ask. He has already held out for "neutral" site and got that consession. Hopefully they just throw him a few more mil and lets get this on with.

Comment

i like ruiz and i’d favor him to beat joshua handily again but he signed the contract and he should honor it. beat joshua again and start calling the shots

Comment

Anybody who thinks Hearn will take this to court is a fool. He has no choice but to give Ruiz more money.

He's going to take Ruiz to court and miss out on a $100 mil fight (if these Saudi's are legit) over a couple million? Then the IBF & WBO strip Ruiz while it's held up in court. And AJ won't fight either while it's in court. So Eddie's biggest money maker is out also.

It's called leverage. The leverage is you pay me more or miss out on a $100 mil fight and sideline your biggest money maker in the process.

Give Ruiz $20 mil out of that $100 mil. $80 mil of something is more than nothing at all

Comment

I need the Matchroom FC to explain Eddie's best options here

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
            i like ruiz and i’d favor him to beat joshua handily again but he signed the contract and he should honor it. beat joshua again and start calling the shots
            True but just throwing in a couple of millions would sweeten the pot, all about mediation. Rather than going to court..

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
              LOL what ? He isn't Canelo and the HW division is no longer the money maker division in boxing, Take the 9 mil beat AJ again (to prove that it wasn't a fluke) and up your value.
              arent they offering like 100 mill to have them fight in saudi arabia?

why wouldn't he want some of that money?

wouldnt you?

Comment

Think we can all agree Ruiz is trying to avoid the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  Well i think Team Ruiz has now officially passed Team Ortiz on the how many excuses can we think of to avoid a fight against Anthony Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I mean he has zero rights to ask for more due to it already in his contract, but if I was him I would ask for more, you can only try. Doesn’t hurt to. But even 9m is a lot.
                    wouldnt the situation change if theres a higher purse possibility when fighting in saudi arabia?

especially when the original plans where to fight in the UK or vegas etc

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      Because he signed a contract agreeing to it
                      when did he sign a contract agreeing to fight in saudi arabia?

if the contract was a for a rematch (determined places were already the UK/USA) and someone from saudi is offering HIGH MONEY to stage the fight there.....

wouldn't BOTH fighters require getting an up in pay?

Why does it seem like only AJ is getting a pay boost while Ruiz has to "stick to the contract"?

That is highly unfair especially when Ruiz already beat AJ for his belts

Comment

Working...
                      X