Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Impressions of Fight Night Champions and my trip to EA Canada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] My first Impressions of Fight Night Champions and my trip to EA Canada

I can't give exact details just yet, but I plan on dropping the goods on Fight Night Champions when I can. So stay tuned. Here is a summary of my trip to the studios to play Fight Night Champion and my impressions:

Well, I can't get into exact details about the game and things in it until I get the word from EA PR but I can give my impressions and a break down of the trip.

Arrived in Canada after two cancelled flights, two switch overs and my luggage being sent out to Alaska (got it back early Thursday morning). After walking around the city for an hour like a lost child I got a taxi and checked in and went across the street to the meeting spot for a sit down and get to know everyone thing. *

Sports Gamer/ Online Fans

Phobia and Wepeeler

FNR4 Top Ranks

C45H and Terminald

Boxing Gurus and Wishlist Organizers

Indigo72 and Reignmaka

Alain Quinto the Community Manager of EA FN Forums was there to give us the break down for the next two days and what was expected of us. *

Day 1: *EA Canada

Arrived at the Studio and met the Dev team and went into the Projection Room for a presentation. *Me(Indigo72) and Reignmaka had a list of stuff lined up to ask about the game. They started the presentation and gave us some back ground on the FNR4 sells and target audiences. *They then went into the new things added on to Fight Night Champions. *There were times when me and reign were about to ask a question and immediately they presented something and we put our hands down. *Times we looked at each other in amazement and performed the no look high five as we looked back toward the screen. *To say I was amazed at the direction is an understatement. *After that we were taking into the testing area for some one on one matches with each other, the CPU and the devs. *

I was impressed with what I saw. *It just seems that they were listening to what we wanted and suggested. *Than after a few sessions we had a immediate sit down and discussion sessions with the Devs. *They were very willing to listen and open totally to our suggestions. *After that they took notes and had us go for lunch and discussion again and off for more game time, *We were in there putting in some serious time trying to find concerns problems, seeking if we could perform exploits, the whole nine yards. *We than had another feedback session and talked with the team about what we found, what we had a concern with and what we were and weren't happy with. *And sure enough they were writing down everything asking us to be upfront, follow up questions. *We asked about certain things and they confirmed. *Once again me and reignmaka performed a no look hi five as the rest smiled and seemed pleased as well with hue direction.

We went back into the game again for more time *and then went fot dinner before we had a mini tournament. *Winner got a pair of golden gloves with the devs signatures. Mi was ok because I brought my Everlast boxing boots and got them signed in silver marker. * We played the tourney and afterwards filled out somethings and went back at it until we got kicked out...lol until tomorrow. *I laid up all night talking about. *What we saw what we did and how it all played out. *

Day 2

We went back in the studio after a big breakfast. *Met in the room again with the devs as they showed us a video and explained some more things. *(once again folks....no look hi five and all of us were extremely excited). No, not giddy and glassy eyed, not at all, we were just throughly impressed with what we seen. Afterwards, we went back and dived into the game again. *I was on this thing drooling. *No lie. *Afterwards, we met with the devs for another feedback sessions (see the pattern here because they were serious about any problems hiccups or concerns and we were brutally honest with them and they were totally receptive. *You can see how serious they were with trying to make this a dunk from the foul line with a between the leg mixed in). Afterwards we dived into some other parts after lunch and then we met with the PR department about their marketing and that was encouraging because they took us seriously when we told them what we (as customers) would be interested in seeing. *

Back on the sticks again we went at it. *Another mini tournament and other things I can't get into detail about but the end result was a smooth sailing type moment. *We had another feedback session with the devs about some things and once again pen and paper in hand with dozens of notes on them. *

We were in the all night long folks....

It was a great experience and I am glad I took the opportunity given to me. *I am very excited, hopeful and anticipating the release of this title. *I can safely say that I will be on this game a heck of a lot more than before because of what they have to offer. *

Who was in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by rican411 View Post
      Who was in the game?
      I can't give the details on that just yet Rican411 because I signed a contract with EA Sports to only release what I know when they give me the thumbs up. I plan on posting a lot more info once I can. I got a ton of stuff lined up just waiting for the ok. From my hands on time with it I can say that its gonna blow Round 4 out of the water...!

Comment

POETICDRINK2U, where you there?

Comment

who you work for man?

how did you get this hook up?

thanks for all the news....much appreciated friendo

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
            POETICDRINK2U, where you there?
            What's up Mersey?

Anthony(Indigo72/UntiltheNxtRnd) and reignmaka are legit; I have been working with reignmaka since before Fight Night Round 3. I met Anthony 4 months before Fight Night Round 4.

I have been working with these guys because the want a realistic representation of boxing in a videogame. They helped produce a group who helped gather suggestion, wishes, and ideas from all over the internet. Many of us had excellent ideas too. We made sure a well put together wishlist was given to the developers. They actually asked me for it last October.

The group that went to EA Canada was a very good selection. I’m actually happy they went instead of me. The group I went with wasn’t that outspoken like I wanted. It’s better to have more than one person who has your best interest.

This is just a little micro bit of information they will be able to reveal once certain parts of the NDA is lifted.

He's a quote from someone who has a EGM issue 242 magazine with a 4 page Fight Night Champion layout.
            Originally posted by cem_ea_id.ModernAutomatic
            Here's some things I found in the article. I won't copy what they said in the article, but instead provide bullet points of what they revealed.

- game looks smoother with light motion blur, improved physics and lighting effects
            - Tale of the tape screens
            - more dynamic default camera
            - numerous control alterations and gameplay tweaks
            - 6 control schemes, default includes punching with the stick AND buttons (?)
            - "Full Spectrum Punch Control" lets you throw double the variation of punches from round 4
            - Overhands, flair straights and hookercuts are examples of new punches in addition to our old repertoire
            - One button blocking allowing you to tap for a single punch or hold for lasting coverage
            - punching out of the block
            - Haymakers are gone, replaced with a power modifier for all punches
            - New stun states, including a "rung bell" that can last minutes, and even carry round to round
            - TWO stamina bars, aerobic and anaerobic. One for punching one for movement
            - Much closer inside fighting, including moving the opponent chest to chest
            - In ring referee
            - Automated between round corner game. Balanced and no more "points"
            - Fighters move different over the course of a lengthy fight
            - In addition to Legacy mode (which is returning) there is a new "Champion" mode that is yet to be revealed
            - Legacy upgrades like money which can be used to hire managers and other staff
            - Also in Legacy, international gym travel for advanced training
            - 10 training minigames
            - Legacy starts with lengthier amateur career with Olympic scoring and equipment
            - 55-60 licensed fighters along with yet-to-be-revealed new faces
            - First EA sports title to be rated M for blood and language. Speculation that some trainers in legacy have potty mouths
            - There's a screenshot of two fighters fighting with no gloves, just handwraps duking it out

So that's a breakdown of the info, but you should still check the magazine out! Great photos and well written article.
            ...and people said they were not going to read the wishlist we sent them last October.
            http://www.operationsports.com/SHAKY...oducers-hands/
            Last edited by POETICDRINK2U; 11-06-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
              What's up Mersey?

Anthony and reignmaka are legit; I have been working with reignmaka since before Fight Night Round 3. I met Anthony 4 months before Fight Night Round 4.

I have been working with these guys because the want a realistic representation of boxing in a videogame. They helped produce a group who helped gather suggestion, wishes, and ideas from all over the internet. Many of us had excellent ideas too. We made sure a well put together wishlist was given to the developers. They actually asked me for it last October.

The group that went to EA Canada was a very good selection. I’m actually happy they went instead of me. The group I went with wasn’t that outspoken like I wanted. It’s better to have more than one person who has your best interest.

This is just a little micro bit of information they will be able to reveal once certain parts of the NDA is lifted.

He's a quote from someone who has a EGM issue 242 magazine with a 4 page Fight Night Champion layout.

...and people said they were not going to read the wishlist we sent them last October.
              http://www.operationsports.com/SHAKY...oducers-hands/
              You got here fast

That list makes it sound amazing already!

Overhands, flair straights and hookercuts are examples of new punches in addition to our old repertoire
              That's great! I wonder how they will add all these punches to the stick.

New stun states, including a "rung bell" that can last minutes, and even carry round to round
              So much more realistic that it can carry over to the next round.

Much closer inside fighting, including moving the opponent chest to chest
              Proper inside fighting this time too, I can't wait for this.

Comment

just got the EGM mag. !!!!!WOW!!!!!! Bare Knuckle mode, deeper amateur career, M Rated, depper punch control, better graphics, better lighting, like 20-30+ more fighters than rd 4, punch from the block, deeper infighting, and like 2-3 pages of more info, and the ppl that tested said that this aint even close to all thats new. . I got to cop this when released.

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
                  just got the EGM mag. !!!!!WOW!!!!!! Bare Knuckle mode, deeper amateur career, M Rated, depper punch control, better graphics, better lighting, like 20-30+ more fighters than rd 4, punch from the block, deeper infighting, and like 2-3 pages of more info, and the ppl that tested said that this aint even close to all thats new. . I got to cop this when released.
                  I'm excited and I'm in the dark this time around. My homies got to test out the game for 2 days. They said it would take a crap on any of the previous Fight Nights....and the game is like 75% done.

Comment

so is there still gonna be the punch stick?

i HATE button mashing

HATE IT!!!!

if it lives up to be all these things i will for sure play this all the time.

FNR4 grew old even though i hate to admit that

mostly because the Career Mode was lacking majorly and my internet was always laggy so online was not possible for me

Comment

Working...
                    X