Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ortiz have a shot at the upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well he's even more remarkable if hes several years older.
    So whats the issue? or just trying to knock Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
      well he's even more remarkable if hes several years older.
      So whats the issue? or just trying to knock Wilder?
      This is a good point. Lol George Foreman won the heavyweight title for the second time at age 45. Ortiz moves and performs very well for a man in the age range he’s accused of being.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        What claims? 50, or 42-43? A lot of Cuban (and other Caribbean-based) athletes have been accused of fudging their ages. Romero says he knew Ortiz and he believed he was two or three years older than his stated age. Is he right? I don’t know, but it’s a reasonable claim. I do believe they knew each other.
        The ones that say he is 50 years old.

He was in the 2002 Cuba games. His age ties out. If you think he is a year older than his reported age? Sure, but to say he is 50 years old? Laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          dude these people dont know each other or have a unified purpose for making things up. yoel romero isn't even in the same sport!

it's just a fact that there is a preponderance of claims that ortiz is older than he says he is. it's entirely possible and at this point it seems quite likely that he's, at the very least, a few years older than he claims to be.
          So we went from him being 50 years old to being a "few years older" than his claimed age? Which one is it? That's a huge difference right there.

Once again, if he is 50 years old, that would mean he was 33 years old or around that age during the 2002 Cuba games. Um yeah, about that..........

Comment

Ridiculous question. Ortiz is diving. Wilder has $120m on the tabe to fight Joshua who will KO Ruiz. Do you think Haymon will risk Wilder losing to an even worse drawing 50 year old Cuba? Not a chance.

Ortiz would get offered about $15-20m to fight Joshua if he has the belt.

Haymon is hoping Ruiz beats AJ in rematch and then he will order Ruiz to dive for Wilder. Then Haymon/Wilder believe they can earn $100m a fight till 50-0.

This fight is completely rigged for the fraud franchise with the bigger earning power. Follow the $. Ortiz is a pawn with no leverage.
            Last edited by Monzon99; 11-18-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Ortiz signed his career away to Haymon and is a mere pawn. That's why Haymon would not let him fight Joshua for the $8 when Miller lost the shot. Ortiz had to be preserved for the Wilder rematch dive. Haymon has a long term big picture plan - keeping Wilder undefeated by fix and fraud till 50-0. If Ruiz beats Joshua again (he wont), Haymon will have total control of the heavyweight division.

If this happens by chance, Usyk, Whyte, Pulev will be screwed out of their mandatory title shots.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                The ones that say he is 50 years old.

He was in the 2002 Cuba games. His age ties out. If you think he is a year older than his reported age? Sure, but to say he is 50 years old? Laughable.
                Yeah, I don’t believe he’s 50, or even close. I tend to believe Romero, maybe 42 or 43, assuming he’s right to begin with. I mean, it’s tough to see a couple of years difference at that age. I’m over fifty myself, many of my friends are over fifty, and I can tell you Luis doesn’t look that age.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  So we went from him being 50 years old to being a "few years older" than his claimed age? Which one is it? That's a huge difference right there.

Once again, if he is 50 years old, that would mean he was 33 years old or around that age during the 2002 Cuba games. Um yeah, about that..........

my guess is that he's about 45 years old. could be 50.

again there's no reason whatsoever for yoel romero to call the guy out for being older than he is. this keeps happening. there have been rumors about his age for years. he's probably older than you think he is. and 45-46 is a hell of a lot more significant than 39-40.

this is a trash pay per view. FFS look at the undercard. nobody seems to be defending the pay per view, just saying the first fight was exciting [so is a fight in a bar,] and completely ignoring the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    He took Wilder’s power about as well as anyone, early on. But when you’ve gone 9+ rounds, it’s tough to stay on your feet eating them bombs. Ortiz looked like he went down in the tenth just as much from exhaustion as from the force of the blows. He has to get to Deontay early. The longer the fight goes, the less likely we see an upset.
                    It's funny because I feel this time that Wilder needs to get him out earlier.
                    I see Ortiz training for a late stoppage which I think is a mistake

Comment

sometimes things come together so perfectly that you just know a guy is going to lose for whatever reason. kovalev-canelo style

Comment

Working...
                      X