Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historian Monte Cox: Floyd no top 10 welter. No ATG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    I don't really give a flying fucc about Floyd or you in all honesty! Im not a Floyd fan and truth be told i don't even like him anymore than i like you!
    But i keep it real and i give him his props.
    Fools like you always looking to discredit him saying he ducked so and so but who exactly did he duck???
    He beat a prime Hernandez, Corrales, Hatton, Canelo and he also beat a very good Cotto.
    Pacquiao and Moseley ducked him when they were all in their prime but fools like you wanna say Floyd waited for Manny to get old to fight him....
    Floyd is two years older than Manny so there goes your bullshet argument about fighting an old Manny....
    Floyd is a top ten welterweight and the greatest fighter of our generation...
    FACTS!
    That’s a lot of crying for “not a fan” who “doesn’t like” Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      How did he fabricate things and where did he lie?
      You posted the article, you read it, didn’t you. Unless you agree with what he said, about ducking Mosley, a straight up lie and revisionist history. And ducking Pacquiao, an opinion of his. Like Floyd was supposed to know Pacquiao would reject a 50-50 split because of blood tests. Sure, yeah, the truth is that Floyd ducked everyone, period. No matter what, end of discussion. Right? Every fight that didn’t happen when fans wanted it was his fault. Mosley’s toothache and Pacquiao’s fear of needles. Top Rank’s smear campaign over Floyd is only believed by those who don’t like Floyd for their nationalistic/racial/cultural differences. If you’re just a fan of the sport and are giving every fighter the same benefit of the doubt you give your own favorite fighters then yeah, this “historian” is full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        Monte Cocks is an MMA guy, of course he's going to talk shit about Boxing's biggest star. He just tearing down his competitors while building his own brand.

http://mmahalloffame.com/world/nomin...e/91/Monte-Cox
        But the shoe fits, so i’ll wear it.

That’s the attitude of boxing fans that don’t like Floyd. Any non boxing person can say anything negative about Floyd and it will be posted here and agreed upon by trolls and people who don’t like the way Floyd talks and acts.

Comment

So many haters, but 50-0 does not lie. MAYWEATHER TBE!

Comment

Monte Cox is a bit of a hack. Honestly, find me a boxing historian who isn't. From Richard K Foxx and Nat Fleischer to Burt Sugar and Tracey Callis, basically everyone I've ever run into in any form always alluded to having some special, secrete, information no one knows about.

Crack their books, read their articles, trace their sources, then tell me the primaries they source themselves say what they claimed they said.

I spent the vast majority of my historical fandom putting down their lies and laying to rest their rumors.

I don't have any issue with the point of this thread, just, **** Monte Cox.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
              Monte Cocks is an MMA guy, of course he's going to talk shit about Boxing's biggest star. He just tearing down his competitors while building his own brand.

http://mmahalloffame.com/world/nomin...e/91/Monte-Cox
              I think you have the wrong man.

This is Monte D. Cox. Member of IBRO. Not an MMA guy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You posted the article, you read it, didn’t you. Unless you agree with what he said, about ducking Mosley, a straight up lie and revisionist history. And ducking Pacquiao, an opinion of his. Like Floyd was supposed to know Pacquiao would reject a 50-50 split because of blood tests. Sure, yeah, the truth is that Floyd ducked everyone, period. No matter what, end of discussion. Right? Every fight that didn’t happen when fans wanted it was his fault. Mosley’s toothache and Pacquiao’s fear of needles. Top Rank’s smear campaign over Floyd is only believed by those who don’t like Floyd for their nationalistic/racial/cultural differences. If you’re just a fan of the sport and are giving every fighter the same benefit of the doubt you give your own favorite fighters then yeah, this “historian” is full of crap.
                The truth is that Floyd was the A-side and could have made the fights at meaningful points in time if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  The truth is that Floyd was the A-side and could have made the fights at meaningful points in time if he wanted to.
                  Floyd could not have made the Mosley fight when it mattered, in their prime, because Mosley didn’t want the fight, that’s an actual fact. That’s literally what happened, and you should know better. You’re not some new poster, some new fan that came here from KSI VS Logan. You know Top Rank was getting in the way of Floyd fighting big names. Arum was refusing Floyd a fight with DLH, because he didn’t want to do business with him. He also said Floyd’s asking price was too high and then Floyd made more than what he was asking.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."
                  https://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/n...ory?id=2420382

And Shane Mosley? All of those excuses on why he wouldn’t fight Floyd at 147 in 2006.

“I have a trip planned”
                  “He needs to fight Margarito, then we can fight.”
                  “I have to fix my tooth first”

Pacquiao in 2009-2010? “I’m afraid of needles”, “No random drug testing 30 days before the fight”, “Talk to my promoter, Bob Arum.”

Come on, this is all old stuff. Every duck that a fighter committed on Floyd is documented.

Comment

Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
                    Alot of his title fights werent considered as such was Mafia related iirc,dont know how true was that though..but most of those other guys dont deserve to be on that list tbh.
                    I don't think it's true. Ray wasn't associated with the mob.

Comment

Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
                      1 Ray Robinson 2-2-1
                      2 Ray Leonard 10-2
                      3 Mickey Walker 2-0
                      4 Thomas Hearns 16-4-1
                      5 Joe Walcott 0-0
                      6 Jose Napoles 15-3
                      7 Kid Gavilan 2-0
                      8 Emile Griffith 10-7
                      9 Ted “Kid” Lewis only british level
                      10 Luis Rodriguez 1-3
                      These are their records in world title fights compared to floyd's 26-0.
                      Where did you get those stats concerning Ray Robinson?? The won the Middleweight title on 5 different occasions. His world title record could not possibly be 2-2-1. Trying to compare fighters from different eras based on titles won or lost isn't realistic for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X