No announcement yet.

Jon Jones unleashes on Israel Adesanya: ‘I will make you my absolute b*tch’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Jones unleashes on Israel Adesanya: ‘I will make you my absolute b*tch’

Jon Jones doesn’t have his next opponent lined up yet, so he’s taking aim at Israel Adesanya ahead of the interim middleweight champion’s title unification bout against Robert Whittaker at UFC 243 this weekend.

Jones and Adesanya have exchanged words in the past through interviews and over social media. The latest round of verbal warfare came on Wednesday.

Earlier this week, as Adesanya began doing his media rounds to promote his UFC 243 fight, he mentioned Jones a future opponent with hopes that they could clash as early as 2021 after he establishes himself as a dominant 185-pound champion.

Jones obviously caught wind of those comments, and he unleashed a series of messages blasting Adesanya for his perceived hubris regarding a potential fight between them.

“Israel Adesanya, keep convincing yourself that one day you’ll be ready to face a boss like me,” Jones wrote on Twitter. “I’ll keep convincing myself that when that day comes, I will make you my absolute b—ch.”

“I can see you’re starting to sip your own Kool-Aid, I know how it feels, I’ve been there before. Only I was around 23. Just don’t become delusional kid, f--k with a beast like me and I will expose you.”

Jones also took exception to past comments from Adesanya criticizing his most recent performance against Thiago Santos, which ended in a split-decision after five rounds.

“You said you saw me fight in person against Thiago and I didn’t look the same,” Jones said. “I also got to see you fight [Kelvin Gastelum], (and) didn’t need to be (there) in person. You were almost knocked out on more than one occasion.”

“Thiago couldn’t even touch my face and he grew up kickboxing,” he wrote in another message. “You only got to see my striking that night and now you’re convinced you’ll beat me? Let me see you in a wrestling match or a [jiu-jitsu] tournament, you probably wouldn’t even place.”

Adesanya has never been short on words when it comes to Jones, so it seems likely he’ll fire back with a response of his own when he speaks to the media on Thursday as part of the UFC 243 media day.

With a title fight against Whittaker just days away, Adesanya understandably has a lot on his mind, but Jones just added a few more things to think about in those final hours as he prepares to compete at UFC 243.

I like Izzy but I think he's getting found out soon - I think he's another Darren Till in the making. I see Whittaker beating him, perhaps by KO. Close fights with a way past prime Anderson and Gastelum just don't put him in the elite bracket like Jon Jones.

Another thing to remember is not to be fooled by the hordes of Izzy fans - numbers don't always tell the truth when you have a well-oiled propaganda machine pushing a fighter, most of those people will jump ship very quickly after an Izzy loss like what happened with Till and countlesss other fighters.

Anyway, I'm pulling for Izzy because I think he'll bring the most excitement to the division and the sport and rustle some jimmies along the way - (I wonder if he calls for a money fight? But who? GSP? Bisping?)

Comment

Why JBJ f#cking with smaller cats. F#ck with Stipe.

Also I think Israel is gonna do some crazy f#cking sh^t & take out Bobby Knuckles this weekend. Israel one of those guys on that matrix sh^t at his best. Hard to see him not shine here, but we shall see. Always can get caught too so who knows.

Comment

Great performance from Adesanya just then against Whittaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Why JBJ f#cking with smaller cats. F#ck with Stipe.

Also I think Israel is gonna do some crazy f#cking sh^t & take out Bobby Knuckles this weekend. Israel one of those guys on that matrix sh^t at his best. Hard to see him not shine here, but we shall see. Always can get caught too so who knows.
          Adesanya called him out first.

Honestly, I don't really recall Jones calling others out. He's always been respectful. You can call it feigned respect if you want, but he's never started nothing.

Adesanya is probably bigger than half the dudes Jones has fought at Light Heavyweight.

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          Great performance from Adesanya just then against Whittaker.
          It was his fight to lose.

I am not trying to steal his thunder, but he had everything going for him in that fight:

1) Whitaker has lots of mileage. Lots.

2) Even at his best Whitaker specializes in out Kickboxing grapplers.

3) Styles make fights, and Thompson had proved what Whitaker's kryptonite is.

4) Whitaker didn't make any adjustments from that fight, and played into Adesanya's game.

5) Adesanya carried a 4-fight win-streak into this bout during the time Whitaker sat on the sidelines re-couperating.

Whitaker isn't done, but we need to be realistic about what he has left.

I still think he's one of the absolute best P4P. I am not confident saying that about Israel, yet. Thought he's looking like he might be the closest thing we'll get to a prime McGregor for a long time.

Comment

Working...
          X