No announcement yet.

Dunkin Donuts shop owner kicks out woman of color for using wifi and not buying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    LOL if i desperately needed a piss.. and didn't really fancy a snack or drink.. i'd still ****ing buy one.. Your using facilities meant for customers.. Comes across as rude/expecting handouts

Lot of it has to do with how your parents bring u up imo
    I think this is an American thing tbh.

This just wouldn’t happen here.

With the f.ucking last rumblings of civility we have.

But I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has sat in a place just to get free WiFi unless it is a library

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Come on dude. You know they're expecting people to buy stuff when using their wifi. If they advertise free wifi then she can use it but I hate this stupid entitled attitude these people have.
      How can you be entitled when someone is giving you something? That don't even make sense.

Why should they get upset for not getting free ****? If the owner of the place giving you free **** tells you to leave then leave or buy something it's just courtesy.
      From the story it sounds like cuz she had just sat down so its not like she wasn't gonna order something, but the owner came at her foul from the get go. We don't even know if she was gonna order anything 10 minutes in or not. She's stated she's been in there & ordered stuff as she used her computer previously.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Why don't they do like most free wi-fi places and use the free wi-fi to take info from their phones, track people, are target their advertising.
        I'm sure they do. Good point & I didn't even think about that.

Thats for sure another upside with giving free wifi. They get your info & then sell your info to advertisers. So its more like an even trade most of the time if the establishment offering the free wifi isn't coming out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          How can you be entitled when someone is giving you something? That don't even make sense.

From the story it sounds like cuz she had just sat down so its not like she wasn't gonna order something, but the owner came at her foul from the get go. We don't even know if she was gonna order anything 10 minutes in or not. She's stated she's been in there & ordered stuff as she used her computer previously.
          It could be an injustice I'm not sure. If I was in that situation I would've just ordered something or left. I'm probably judging her too harshly because my personal philosophy is to not cause any more trouble than necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            What if the twist of the story was she never ordered anything for 2 years?
            It means she was a bum and is rightfully kicked out.

That aside having worked in fast food and service jobs the thing I hated most was people telling me they were regulars and wanted ****. I don't care if you're a regular and if the owner of the franchise doesn't care then that's just a dumb argument to make.
            Yeah, people like to feel important, that's nothing new.

Comment

The USA has a weird take on hospitality and service.

I can see that it can create a very high level of service and attention. On the other hand, it also seems to create a kind of master/serf dynamic.

I have wondered previously whether mottos like 'the customer is always right' is part of the runaway sense of entitlement we have within society.

I wouldn't use a businesses wifi unless I was buying something. I wouldn't go in and sit down unless I was buying something. I think perhaps the hospitality industry over there is making a rod for its own back. If you don't want non-paying customers to use your wifi, then put a password on it, change the password daily, and only give out the password to paying customers.

Comment

Chipotle Fired Manager After Admitted Dine-And-Dasher Called Her Racist For Requesting Proof He’ll Pay

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/18/c...-fired-racist/

Another story where it's racist to not let black person commit a minor crime.

Comment

How dare you not let leeches leech

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                    The USA has a weird take on hospitality and service.

I can see that it can create a very high level of service and attention. On the other hand, it also seems to create a kind of master/serf dynamic.

I have wondered previously whether mottos like 'the customer is always right' is part of the runaway sense of entitlement we have within society.

I wouldn't use a businesses wifi unless I was buying something. I wouldn't go in and sit down unless I was buying something. I think perhaps the hospitality industry over there is making a rod for its own back. If you don't want non-paying customers to use your wifi, then put a password on it, change the password daily, and only give out the password to paying customers.
                    Some do. It's on your receipt.

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't want to sit there without buying something. You would just fell out of place. I buy something just to use the restroom lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X