No announcement yet.

Why do KO artists always get KO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do KO artists always get KO'd?

Watching David Lemieux, I immediately thought of Earnie Shavers, Mike Tyson and a score of others who could dish it out, but not take it.

Lennox and the Klitschkos...100% of their losses came by stoppage.

Prime Ali and Juan Manuel Marquez were never stopped.

Whats the deal?

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    Watching David Lemieux, I immediately thought of Earnie Shavers, Mike Tyson and a score of others who could dish it out, but not take it.

Whats the deal?
    Power punchers expose themselves to more damage while trying to get the knockout.

George Foreman was only KO'd once.

Comment

They fall in love with their power and dont work on defence. When someone can take or block their shots their ****ed.

In Lemieux' case his glass chin didnt help

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Power punchers expose themselves to more damage while trying to get the knockout.

George Foreman was only KO'd once.
        His first loss by KO, at a time when he was a major KO artist. It totally crushed his aura of invincibility.

Comment

His first loss by KO, at a time when he was a major KO artist. It totally crushed his aura of invincibility.
          Marcos Maidana has yet to be KO'd.

He's loss two by dec.

Very good chinned KO artist

Comment

Whats the deal?
            I agree except for Tyson he had a good beard on him,he just went to sht when he could not k.o someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              They fall in love with their power and dont work on defence. When someone can take or block their shots their ****ed.

In Lemieux' case his glass chin didnt help
              I think is was more a case of him gassing then having a glass chin,i think it will be good for him in the long run,it will force him to tighten up his game.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Marcos Maidana has yet to be KO'd.

He's loss two by dec.

Very good chinned KO artist
                Excellent example, he definitely bucks the trend.
                Mosley too.

Comment

Part of it's the bully mentality of finding someone their equal and the inability to handle it. Another thing is the step up in class and what it means in boxing. In football or basketball you'll get subbed. In boxing you get beaten up. Eventually you meet a guy who can take your best stuff. The test is whether or not you can find a different way to win.

Comment

Whats the deal?
                    Because most of them are so much in love with their power that they forget the basic and basis of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X