Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao . . . . . . creme' de la creme'.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao . . . . . . creme' de la creme'.

When fellows of good spirit gather round to discuss the merits of boxing today, one issue is never in doubt. 'We need more good fighters that fight." Manny Pacquiao should be the poster boy for "good fighters". He is one of the few that though he holds no "official title" is the creme' de la creme'. He holds no official title because a Frog judge (aka "Surrender Monkey") saw his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez (42-2) as 110-115 for the Mexican. That score is even more outrageous when Pacquaio scored three knockdowns in the first round. Three knockdowns dictates a 10-6 round for the winner. Monsieur Jutras then gave 9 of the next 11 to Marquez? Horsediddle! That's not the only bad luck that's dogged The Pac Man. As mentioned his promoter, Murad Muhammad, is an empty pinch back suit with a bow tie and a hatred of "white devils", has done nothing to do what he's suppose to do. Get fights for Pacquiao. After a month of training in California The Pac Man has returned to the Philippines. He's also terminated his promotional deal with Murad. "This is my decision. He's made more money from my previous fights. That's why I will now terminate my contract with him." Next up for now free agent Pacquiao is Aussie Gary St. Clair (35-3). St. Clair's three losses came at the hands of world-class fighters Diego Corralas, Vivian Harris and Leonard Dorin. Add to the mix that he's never been KO'd and you have the makings of one hell of a November treat. I'll drink to that.

Here's the link to the whole article . . .

http://ko.sherdog.com/viewnews.cfm?newsid=1098050546

I have finished reading the article and thats what boxing really need, good fighters that fight an apt description for PacMan...

Maybe the boxing world should look more to the east (ASIA) for talent and In the Philippines alone I think we could find a bunch of really good fighters that fight (maybe still a little polishing on the rough edges)...

Comment

Aside from distinguishing Manny Pacquiao's unparralelled drive to establish his name in the sports by sheer performance without HYPES without career manipulations,the article also shows how other people look at Murad's performance as a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
        I have finished reading the article and thats what boxing really need, good fighters that fight an apt description for PacMan...

Maybe the boxing world should look more to the east (ASIA) for talent and In the Philippines alone I think we could find a bunch of really good fighters that fight (maybe still a little polishing on the rough edges)...

Speaking about Filipino fighters, I saw this Rey Bautista's fight in Korea the other day. I think he can be another Pacman with his aggressive style and flair. I think he is only in his late teens or early 20s. Z "the dream" Gorres, who is set to make his US debut soon also has a very good reputation and potential as a future champ.

Comment

Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista is one good fighter hope that he can train and fight in the US very soon....

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
            Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista is one good fighter hope that he can train and fight in the US very soon....
            Freddie Roach should train this guy. We need to keep the
            clan growing. More MannyPacs please !!

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Storm
              Freddie Roach should train this guy. We need to keep the
              clan growing. More MannyPacs please !!
              This kid is only 18 y/o! Read somewhere that Larry Holmes saw one fight and has offered to train this very young kid. I hope Larry could help develop his skills and career.

Comment

I think if Larry Holmes will train Boom Boom, the US boxing fans will witness a new & exciting entry to the boxing world by another Filipino fighter, hope his handlers will be able to send him to Larry Holmes for training Rey Bautista is a diamond in the rough and Holmes can polish that.....

Comment

Boom Boom is going to cause a stir for sure, Can't wait till he makes his us debut.

Comment

Oh man! I wanna see Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista fight so bad! I hear the fight recaps online from his fights in the Ph. He's SICK! They say he has more power than Manny and has sent his last 2 opponents straight to the hospital in a stretcher. His power is freakish strong. I really wish he'd make a US debut. I swear, unless fighters come to the US, no matter how great they are, they can be unheard of until they retire. It's sad though true. We need to get more of these Asian fighters off the boat and over here because they are have serious potential that many overlook. I bet you 70% of the Asian fighters can hold their own here. It's a matter of being able to get them here to get a nice career going such as Mannys'.

Comment

Working...
                    X