Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could step in the ring with any all-time great who would you choose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A prime George Foreman. It’d be a war with me stopping Big George late.

Comment

Chavez Jr., because I would at least have a chance to win that one.

Comment

Mayweather

I'm getting millions of dollars, while fighting a the greatest defensive fighter who has no power in his hands and loves to dance around the ring.

Comment

None why do I want to get ktfo

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
            Mayweather

I'm getting millions of dollars, while fighting a the greatest defensive fighter who has no power in his hands and loves to dance around the ring.
            At what weight class tho

Comment

I would pick Julian Jackson. That way I could just get it over with and hopefully getting KO'd immediately would limit the overall brain damage. LOL

On the opposite side I always thought Mike McCallum or Julio Cesar Chavez would be the fighters I'd least want to fight. Like a prolonged torture to the body with no breaks. You get to lose and wizz blood for weeks.

Comment

I would find the famous Odwyer! Rumered to weigh just under a buck fifty pounds, with two wall eyes, and...only one arm.

I would not need to fight a boxer to appreciate him. There are martial artists who did however. There was a Black Belt in Louisville who invited Ali to a speaking exhibition sparring match. This is true, not being facetious... Ali actually loved the martial arts, and decided to bless this local guy. The guy was beside himself! and now the time had come to go a round with the champ.

the guy explains the round as follows... "I went in there determined. I wanted to give a good account of myself and my art of Karate. I went for the champ with everything, and he clowns a bit, I kind of catch him a bit on the shoulder or so, and he feigns concern, his eyes get as big as saucers, the crowd is loving it, at that moment he gently, and I mean ever so carefully flicks out his jab, I feel this shot and a cold freeze, I am on my feet but paralyzed, like I was hit with a stun gun...I felt terrible, like I would surely go down! and here comes the champ! Im thinking he is going for the kill forget it! When Ali comes in he grabs me holds me up, makes sure I have my senses back proceeds to stand in front of me, bow and tell the crowd that he is bowing to the martial arts master, we shake hands, hugs...the crown never even saw the punch...

After feeling that blow I knew why Ali was the greatest. I also knew why I loved the man...He was not the bragert, the opportunist people often thought he was. He had toyed with me and could have made me look like a fool, and instead gave me a lesson in skill and humility.

So maybe I would go for Ali afterall....

Comment

Originally posted by Curryfan85 View Post
                  I would pick Julian Jackson. That way I could just get it over with and hopefully getting KO'd immediately would limit the overall brain damage. LOL

On the opposite side I always thought Mike McCallum or Julio Cesar Chavez would be the fighters I'd least want to fight. Like a prolonged torture to the body with no breaks. You get to lose and wizz blood for weeks.
                  Unless you threw a hail mary and caught Jackson flush

Comment

James Toney. Oh wait, I did that. I was honored to have the oppertunity..……….Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 12-27-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

--- When Two Ton Toney bullied the grazing herds of boxing press with a challenge to step into the ring with him, coulda heard a pin drop.

I'd happily take that offer to jiggle that lard around the ring. He had the footwork of a slug with bunions like most modern tubby heavies.

Popkins! Fake as a 3 dollar bill got away with dirty tricks. Without Golden Boy, he was earning peanuts while owing a $2 mil judgement to Dibella, a permanent lien on what he earned after breaking his contract because Dibella was gonna match him against Calzage and then the Roy rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X