Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Ward in April???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the interview for some context. Im more inclined to think things are moving in the right direction for Joshua/Wilder. Go from 20 minutes https://youtu.be/6Ac5nqbSfRM

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Wlad not Ward!
      It could be I agree.

Honestly I'd rather see Wlad or Ward than Whyte I know that much.

Idk what Wlad will have done in the 2 years away from boxing if he's the April opponent besides age more & gotten rustier, but he's been the closest to beating Joshua thus far so its not like a rematch is that crazy. Don't love him f#cking up his story doe cuz after all those years of him being boring as f#ck he ended on the best fight of his career in my eyes & it'd be cool to remember him in the years to come off of that fight. But I'm sure he gives no f#cks about that & sees him beating Joshua in a rematch & having a trilogy fight with Joshua as a bigger thing then what he did in the first fight. Assuming he is the guy I think that'd be similar to what his mindset would be anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Watch the interview for some context. Im more inclined to think things are moving in the right direction for Joshua/Wilder. Go from 20 minutes https://youtu.be/6Ac5nqbSfRM
        Watching this from the beginning so it'll take me a few to get there, but how is Wilder a wildcard when he's supposedly on the table still?

A wildcard to me would be someone no one is thinking of next but makes sense to one degree or another. And to me thats only Wlad or Ward. Or honestly Usyk could be in there to I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          In my opinion Ward will never come back. He is rich and has a fun easy high paying job.
          I tend to agree, but I also know that if I bet the over on when a fighters retirement really was vs when he first retired I'd be rich right along with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Watching this from the beginning so it'll take me a few to get there, but how is Wilder a wildcard when he's supposedly on the table still?

A wildcard to me would be someone no one is thinking of next but makes sense to one degree or another. And to me thats only Wlad or Ward. Or honestly Usyk could be in there to I suppose.
            Hes got a big grin on his face before the talk of a wildcard. Are the organisations gunna play along for a Wlad/Ward fight? I think its more likely Wilders lot have become realistic, now they see this Fury fight aint gunna be as big as they were hoping.

Comment

There's more chance of Nassem Hamed fighting Joshua than Ward.

Comment

Another crazy possibility is Vitali. He was training for an exhibition with Lewis earlier this year. He also exchanged words with AJ after the Wlad fight. At 47 he's likely not coming out of retirement for AJ, but that would be a huge financial success if he did.

Comment

Hes got a big grin on his face before the talk of a wildcard. Are the organisations gunna play along for a Wlad/Ward fight? I think its more likely Wilders lot have become realistic, now they see this Fury fight aint gunna be as big as they were hoping.
                  I've watched some of this video you just posted & the first thing Hearn talks about is how the US market is different. One of the ways is in the UK they sell 50% of the tickets the first week & the other 50% fight week. He says in the US they sell 20% of the tickets the first week & 80% fight week. So Wilder vs Fury gots about 32k tickets to sell basically if they sold 8k early lol (idek if this venue has 40k seats or not, just saying doe, this market is different than the UK market).

And idk how bad Hearn thinks this fight is gonna be, but if you pay attention to the revenue I think its a solid bet it does no worse than 50% of Joshua's best PPV. And this is Wilder's first PPV so there are always growing pains & no one is saying Wilder should be doing bigger revenue numbers than Joshua at this point.

But if Wilder vs Fury does do equal or more revenue than Joshua its embarrassing for Hearn & Joshua & I believe now that the price has been released that means 600k buys = Joshua's biggest revenue fight (have to double check that but I believe thats in the ballpark anyway). So if Wilder vs Fury does 300k its a W already for a first PPV. Only L here I see for Wilder is an actual L which is highly possible if the old Fury shows up.

Comment

Idk just finished this & he was saying "could be Whyte, could be Wilder or it could be a wildcard".

So to me thats saying there is a potential 3rd person thats not really in the running in most fans minds right now. So it could be the two guys getting talked about all the time & we are expecting since they are on the table or it could be this other wildcard person.

Unless you are suggesting Hearn is just bsing about a wildcard. The way he got up for that question makes me think its a legit person doe. I still feel like its more likely to be Ward since he supposedly talked to Usyk's people recently. But if it is Ward then imo it has a very tiny chance of happening anyway so it probably is something Hearn is talking about with Ward, but knowing Ward its purely talk.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      The nut shots would be a big problem for AJ doe.
                      they'd all be "borderline" doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X