Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premier Boxing Champions, FOX Sports Announce 2019 Schedule

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW can't believe this is just the first installment.

2019 is going to be epic!

I'm really looking forward to Charlo/Monroe, Uzcategui/Plant, Thurman/Lopez, Garcia/Granados, Kownacki/Washington, Porter/Ugas and Peterson/Lips!

Santa Cruz/Flores is hot trash but we all know he's unifying with Russell in the second installment so it's whatevs.

Comment

Oh damn Panterita's finally back against Molina too! Hell yeah

Fight of the night right there buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Wow! I never thought about that. That price is steep. It does kinda make you think though. If that's going to be the PBC's new business model, then DAZN is well worth the $10 online live streaming service.
        Except it's not though.

Assuming that one simply buys every PBC-related show, you're basically looking at $200 to watch/re-watch 15 fight cards (with an additional 5-7 ShoBox cards, plus whatever international fights Showtime gets interest in) from December through April, with basically every show (generally speaking, the shows are all tripleheaders with at least 2 fights being competitive).

Assuming the exact same time window, for the $50 to DAZN, a fan gets Alvarez-Fielding, the semi-finals of the WBSS at whatever the hour is, Joshua-Whyte 2 in the middle of the afternoon, cards like Big Baby from Mulvane, KS, and the rest of the Matchroom slate in the UK as matinee shows (hopefully Brook-Khan, and Callum-Golovkin, but then the quality stalls with Hearn still waiting on his Olympians to break through).

How many DAZN shows do you honestly see as being worth the night?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Still can't believe Garcia is taking that fight this is either the dumbest career move or this guy is going to be a legend
          His brother isn't going to let Mikey Garcia get ruined by Errol Spence Jr; if the tide turns and Mikey does start to simply take a beating, Robert and Big G will save Mikey from Mikey.

Win or lose, he's still the WBC champion at 135, could gladly still fight Commey to get back his IBF belt, and Lomachenko has no other real marketable fights at 135lbs after Pedraza currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I can't believe they aren't trying to hijack Cinco de Mayo. I think thats a lost opportunity. I'd be trying to make people think Canelo died or something. Maybe the Showtime schedule will have something doe.
            You got to have a fighter to take advantage of the day first. Broner has shown himself to not be a good enough fighter to take that spot, and David Benevidez (the type of talent I foresee taking that spot) isn't yet ready.

Note: Mikey Garcia is pretty well positioned to take that Cinco de Mayo weekend date, but he's risking a lot with taking on Errol Spence Jr, tbh. Get through the Spence fight, take on Commey to get back his IBF belt, and have ESPN force Arum to give him the Lomachenko fight without Arum's usual nonsense, and Mikey is basically set.

Get the Pacquiao fight, and basically settle in at 140lbs.
            Last edited by Scipio2009; 11-14-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              You got to have a fighter to take advantage of the day first. Broner has shown himself to not be a good enough fighter to take that spot, and David Benevidez (the type of talent I foresee taking that spot) isn't yet ready.
              Benavidez could be the co-main. Or a feature spot with LSC as the co-main.

And lol at Broner. Who's talking about Broner being the Cinco de Mayo guy? I don't even think Floyd will fight him if Broner beats Manny thats how sh^tty an opponent Broner is these days.

I already said & have said before Mikey Garcia is the guy you'd wanna have on those cards right now. Sure he's not on the Canelo level, but he could garner a lot of fans & grow into a bigger guy if he took over that date.

But its all w/e cuz it don't even look like they are planning to do a card for that day. Maybe Showtime will decide to, but with Mikey fighting in the middle of March there is no way he'd be cool for early May even if he were to win. If Mikey wins PBC needs to have him fight on Mexican Independence for f#cking sure doe.

Comment

Boxing is alive! Thank you PBC!

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                  I believe haymon will put the more competitive fights on fox during football season. Right now SHO will have the more competitive fights like they do the beginning of every year
                  The schedule basically dies for September and October; Fox Sports will better know the dead weeks in the NCAAF schedule to stage a show, but don't put too much weight on that being of any real volume.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
                    I love PBC but.....blah. This is disappointing.
                    You’re probably the only honest pbc fan

Comment

1 - 0 to DAZN

We need to get rid of these old custodians that ruined the sport with rubbish over the years.
                      Last edited by ashadam; 11-14-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X