Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francesco Patera Shocks Lewis Ritson, Wins EBU Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ritson won first 4 and 12th. Everything else wasn't Patera so a draw was very possible.

Comment

• When a KO merchant meets someone that can block his power......
      Massively gutted for Ritson, but he has to learn not to load up on single shots and go for more combinations. Just came up against a more savvy boxer tonight in Patera.

Comment

• Being from Newcastle I am massively disappointed as Ritson had brought big fight nights to the region and put us on the map.

I always had doubts about how he would do when he got to world leavel but thought he would handle Petera comfortably enough and stop him.

He just had no answers against a durable guy with plenty of stamina and movement and good boxing skills. He also was hurt to the body against a guy not known for power.

Agree he needs a better trainer and to get more variation in his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          Evening boys. Just home from work, looking forward to this card.
          Change your profile photo fella �� Onto the next uk hope

Comment

• I was there last night and I can't understand why no-one told ritson to cut the ring off to stop his moving to the left all night, they did lap after lap of the ring with lewis following constantly, it was frustrating to see

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCleaner View Post
              I was there last night and I can't understand why no-one told ritson to cut the ring off to stop his moving to the left all night, they did lap after lap of the ring with lewis following constantly, it was frustrating to see

I was there too, better man won, he’s got a lot to learn to improve. It’s a shame as we’ve been crying out for a top level boxer for years to get behind.

Also, what’s with the arena bar closing at 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCleaner View Post
                I was there last night and I can't understand why no-one told ritson to cut the ring off to stop his moving to the left all night, they did lap after lap of the ring with lewis following constantly, it was frustrating to see
                Last night the commentators came off sounding like a pair of idiots. I'm shocked at Paul Smith, being an ex-Pro himself. For 4 or 5 rounds he wouldn't shut up about how great Ritson was at cutting the ring off and having Patera on the run. After about 8 rounds they finally cottoned on that Patera had been boxing to a gameplan all night and his movement was actually very good.

They done the same thing in the Robbie Davies Jr. fight. They had it close after about 8 rounds, some even having Foot up. Then after 10 rounds they'd all changed their minds and had Davies Jr. well ahead. Doesn't make sense, would be interesting to go back and listen to their scoring round by round. I'm sure they alter their scorecards mid-fight.

Comment

• Good fight last night and felt Patera done enough to win. Ritson will learn and come back. I hope Patera get a title shot and that what he wanted.

Comment

• It was a lively card I thought.

Buatsi did his thing. Burton next sounds good.

I enjoyed seeing Glover do well.

Davies/Foot was scrappy but I enjoyed it. Foot was always going to go hard from the start, so Davis just had to see that through then let his better boxing skills take over. He did well. Foot was dirty I thought, I'm surprised the ref wasn't on his case more.

Felt bad for Riston but Patera was great and deserved is win.
                    The Newcastle atmosphere looked great, they deserve another big fight night up there soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                      Last night the commentators came off sounding like a pair of idiots. I'm shocked at Paul Smith, being an ex-Pro himself. For 4 or 5 rounds he wouldn't shut up about how great Ritson was at cutting the ring off and having Patera on the run. After about 8 rounds they finally cottoned on that Patera had been boxing to a gameplan all night and his movement was actually very good.

They done the same thing in the Robbie Davies Jr. fight. They had it close after about 8 rounds, some even having Foot up. Then after 10 rounds they'd all changed their minds and had Davies Jr. well ahead. Doesn't make sense, would be interesting to go back and listen to their scoring round by round. I'm sure they alter their scorecards mid-fight.
                      But Ritson was cutting the ring off in the first 4.5 rounds. Patera came to step left until he hit the ropes, absorb, step away and throw a flurry of punches. The body shot stopped Ritson throwing the jab, which meant he stopped cutting the ring off as he didn’t really want to engage, so ended up chasing patera from the 6th onwards. Smith got it spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X