Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better defense: Canelo Alvarez or Tyson Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
    Canelo has the better defense and it isn’t close. Canelo has never been dropped by a windmilling bum. Canelo rarely gets hit clean and that’s all from head and body movement.

Fury’s defense consists of a lot of foot movement, which I don’t consider defense. If everyone used foot movement as defense we would never see a fight. Fury does have nice head and body movement though, just not better than Canelo’s.
    Canelo on average eats more power punches in a single round than tyson fury does in 4.

Where are you casuals coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
      Canelo on average eats more power punches in a single round than tyson fury does in 4.

Where are you casuals coming from?
      Watch Canelo’s last few fights and he rarely gets hit clean. I don’t care what no stupid compubox says.

Plus there’s a lot more punches thrown per round in lower weights than there are at Heavyweight so your argument is very flawed.

Canelo’s defense is superior, deal with it.

Fury even hits himself sometimes, LMAO.

Comment

Canelo by a mile. He is fighting better fighters. Put Fury in with Parker, Ruiz or Whyte or even Miller and I think he will get hit plenty. Wilder almost knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
          Fury was showboating and disrespecting cunningham, and cunningham was angry and getting back at him for pushing him around. So he loaded up and whacked him with everything he had while fury was still playing around.

If you're a boxing fan then you should understand the context of why everything happened. A boxing fan sees the story of the fight.
          You don’t “play around” in any fight. Who plays when they fight? Stop it brotha

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Canelo by a mile. He is fighting better fighters. Put Fury in with Parker, Ruiz or Whyte or even Miller and I think he will get hit plenty. Wilder almost knocked him out.
            This. Canelo's resume wipes the floor with Fury who basically fought total trash and Wilder/Vlad.

When you're toughest opponent other than those 2 is Derek Chisora it's not hard to look like you have a good defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              I didn't reply to him because I figured he was trolling with such a B.S post .
              Guess he was serious . Which makes the kid look worse .

Comment

Seriously?? Canelo's defense is miles better. He's actually responding to punches, not just swaying in a rehearsed rhythm like Fury does. Plus, Canelo is dealing with much faster fighters and has the superior reflexes by far.
                It's really weird to me that people see Fury swaying around and they think it's somehow brilliant. I've been saying it for a long time, when Fury fights a half decent boxer who throws feints, you'll see how basic his defense actually is. Right now, he just keeps moving and does the, "slip the jab, expect a right, expect a left". There's nothing complex about that and it's not close to what Canelo is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  ^There's truth to that. Some boxers "play" because it's part of their psychological technique. Fans mistakenly think of this as him purposely being weak but that's rarely true. Like when Anderson Silva got caught and everyone was in denial, "He was just playing". No, he was fighting his fight and got KTFO. Fans can't go pretending it doesn't count.

When you play weak to get a fighter to open up, it's a specific tactic and if you get dropped, it's not because you weren't trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                    I didn't reply to him because I figured he was trolling with such a B.S post .
                    Guess he was serious . Which makes the kid look worse .
                    I know right why waste our time... smh... “play around” lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      ^There's truth to that. Some boxers "play" because it's part of their psychological technique. Fans mistakenly think of this as him purposely being weak but that's rarely true. Like when Anderson Silva got caught and everyone was in denial, "He was just playing". No, he was fighting his fight and got KTFO. Fans can't go pretending it doesn't count.

When you play weak to get a fighter to open up, it's a specific tactic and if you get dropped, it's not because you weren't trying.
                      Then I’d call that a strategy not “playing around” no one plays when you throw hands bro...

Comment

Working...
                      X