No announcement yet.

Supreme Court tosses ruling against bakers who refused cake for gay couple

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court tosses ruling against bakers who refused cake for gay couple

The Supreme Court on Monday threw out a ruling against two Oregon bakers who refused to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

The couple, Melissa and Aaron Klein, cited religious beliefs as their reason for not providing services for a gay wedding. This touched off the latest in a series of such cases making headlines in recent years. During the court's last term, justices ruled in favor of a Colorado baker in a similar situation, stating that a state body demonstrated improper hostility toward the baker's religion in finding that he violated a state anti-discrimination law.

On Monday, the Supreme Court sent the Klein case back down to a lower court "for further consideration in light of" their Colorado decision.

The central disputes in the case -- which pits LGBT rights against religious freedom considerations -- have yet to be addressed by the Supreme Court.

Source, full story:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...for-gay-couple

IF i invent a Religion Where i BelIEve Certain Races or types of people are Evil sinners Will i be allowed to Run a business , Refuse service to Anyone my religion thinks are sinners and Have the Supreme Court side with me ?

Separation Of church and state is becoming less prevelant In america and thats alarming ass **** . We are SLOWLY tURNING INTO A wESTERN iRAN

Churches No longer preach Jesus on Sundays , They Donate to politicians From the Church plate and Speak politics instead
    Last edited by Seps210; 06-17-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seps210 View Post
      IF i invent a Religion Where i BelIEve Certain Races or types of people are Evil sinners Will i be allowed to Run a business , Refuse service to Anyone my religion thinks are sinners and Have the Supreme Court side with me ?

Separation Of church and state is becoming less prevelant In america and thats alarming ass **** . We are SLOWLY tURNING INTO A wESTERN iRAN
      International Society for Human Rights

****sexuality in Iranian Criminal Law

****sexuality is against the law in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Sharia, the Islamic legal system, condemns ****sexuality as a crime worthy of death. The Iranian criminal threatens gay individuals with lashes and the death penalty. Men always face the death penalty if they were the "passive" partner in a ****sexual act. According to the underlying logic, such men behave like women, making them all the more unnatural. The "active" partner faces the death penalty under certain conditions, and otherwise receive 100 lashes. Women receive a sentence of 100 lashes in all cases.

In the Iranian judiciary, people of same-sex orientation are referred to as ‘Luti’. This is an extremely pejorative term derived from Lot in Genesis and the Koran, and correspondingly the ‘people of Lot’, which are strongly condemned in the Koran. In Persian and Arabic, the term has a significantly more negative, derogatory meaning than the English reference to "Sodom and Gomorrah", for example. A "confession" can be punished by thirty one to seventy four lashes without other evidence. A "confession" repeated four times is considered to be sufficient evidence of guilt for the full penalty of either 100 lashes or the death penalty. The Iranian judiciary can often extract "confessions" under torture as evidence.

In the revision of the Iranian Penal Code in 2012-2013, the laws in reference to ****sexuality were altered. The earlier version mandated that an ‘active participant’ (male) would receive the death penalty in all cases, when he was of age. However, the limitation of ‘only’ up to 74 lashes for minors in the earlier version was removed in the new version.

http://www.ishr.org/countries/islami...-criminal-law/

Yea...America sure looks like Iran alright

Comment

You're allowed to practice any religion you choose, as the 1st Amendment guarantees you that right.

Of course these bakery owners also have that Constitutional right as well.

Please watch the ridiculous hyperbole. They throw gays off buildings in Iran, while our laws allow gays to marry, to march proclaming their sexual orientation, and to show affection in public.

That said, are you aware of what Thomas Jefferson wrote about the concept of Separation of Church and State?

If not, please look it up. If you are, or after you look it up, I'd love to hear your take on what he wrote.....

Churches No longer preach Jesus on Sundays , They Donate to politicians From the Church plate and Speak politics instead
        Do you have any proof backing that claim up?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          You're allowed to practice any religion you choose, as the 1st Amendment guarantees you that right.

Please watch the ridiculous hyperbole. They throw gays off buildings in Iran, while our laws allow gays to marry, to march proclaming their sexual orientation, and to show affection in public.

That said, are you aware of what Thomas Jefferson wrote about the concept of Separation of Church and State?

If not, please look it up. If you are, or after you look it up, I'd love to hear your take on what he wrote.....

Yes look up John Hagee . If you are asking for Proof then it means you are extremely Undereducated

Comment

Yes look up John Hagee . If you are asking for Proof then it means you are extremely Undereducated
            I dont look up anything.

You made the assertion, that means you must prove it.

I'll read any source citations you provide....

You didnt answer my questions or give your take on what Thomas Jefferson said about the Separation of Church and State.

Please, get to that if you reply to me again. I dont tolerate people who obfuscate.

And one more thing, watch the childish insults. I was respectful of you, so you will be respectful to me (and others in my threads).

If you cant converse with me like a rational adult, you'll not be allowed to converse with me at all.

Thank you.

Comment

SO Iran is Ridiculous Hyperbole but Venezuela Comparisons are Golden ?

Gotcha lol .

Im so ****ing glad i can think for myself and im not Some brainwashed EXTREMIST Political IDIOT .

ARGUING with a close minded idiot is a huge waste of time KIDDO . Peace

Comment

SO Iran is Ridiculous Hyperbole but Venezuela Comparisons are Golden ?
                I've not cited Venezuela.

Gotcha lol .
                Obviously you do not.

Im so ****ing glad i can think for myself and im not Some brainwashed EXTREMIST Political IDIOT .

ARGUING with a close minded idiot is a huge waste of time KIDDO . Peace
                And with that latest round of childish insults, you are done.

You were given fair warning.

Comment

The Supreme Court on Monday threw out a ruling against two Oregon bakers who refused to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

The couple, Melissa and Aaron Klein, cited religious beliefs as their reason for not providing services for a gay wedding. This touched off the latest in a series of such cases making headlines in recent years. During the court's last term, justices ruled in favor of a Colorado baker in a similar situation, stating that a state body demonstrated improper hostility toward the baker's religion in finding that he violated a state anti-discrimination law.

On Monday, the Supreme Court sent the Klein case back down to a lower court "for further consideration in light of" their Colorado decision.

The central disputes in the case -- which pits LGBT rights against religious freedom considerations -- have yet to be addressed by the Supreme Court.

Source, full story:
                  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...for-gay-couple

Anyone like sep who claims the court is being unfair to gays knows nothing of the Constitution & what it stands for. It is unfair to the bakers if they force them to serve a gay wedding. This is not in any way shape or form the same thing as them refusing to serve someone because they are a certain race. Gay ppl are in no way shape or form the new civil rights movement,they are not a race,& they are not entitled to special rights as those in the bill of rights which gays want to abolish such as the 2nd amendment.

Where does society draw the line,we don't allow ppl to take illegal drugs supposedly because they are bad but we allow men to mutilate their ***** & destroy their bodies hormone balance at will despite them being mentally ill.

Lgbtqpedo used to have nammbla as a founding membership organization that was part of them. Yet these sickos try to now sweep it under the rug & play stupid.
                  Its been proven that gays are hundreds times more likely to be child molesters than straight men.
                  they are a group of ppl suffering from mental illness/es,whom have turned full blown fascist/neo communistic etc by destroying anyone & everyone who stands in their way. They will destroy anyone who in any way shape or form thinks the counter culture they started is a mental illness.

Imagine if being schizophrenic had a special flag & counter culture surrounding it,& if they destroyed anyone who dares say you shouldn't glorify mental illness. Thats what they did in the dark ages ffs.

They attack ppl because of them refusing to play into their sick perversions.

Comment

Keep your peen sucking out of my cake shop, fag.

Comment

Working...
                    X