Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is washed up. Canelo straight murders him in a trilogy fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    I think the Rolls fight had a lot to do with trying out some changes. The being evasive part didn’t work so well but did anyone notice that the knockout was scored from a southpaw stance? Also, using those dome shots to set up body shots was new and somewhat effective.
    Yes, he switched to the southpaw to throw that wide hook. Not sure I've seen him do that before. I'm used to seeing his dome shots (e.g., the one against Geale's dome was memorable.)

To me he seemed the same old Golovkin, still eating big shots to the mug, but maybe you're right.

Comment

I don't think GGG getting hit is a sign of aging. He was trying some new stuff out, but obviously needs more time as he had a short camp with his new trainer. He would be a lot better moving forward instead of trying to play defensive. You all noticed that in the 4th round, he went back to being his old self. He pushed forward, got more aggressive and that KO power was still there. He still has a chin as he was never hurt. His KO power and chin are still intact. Now all he needs is to adjust his style to fit whatever reservations banks has for him as it would help him out in the canelo fight and in other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Canelo will probably win but it wont look much different than the last fight. The difference will be Golovkin is a little closer to 40 and Red is sitting directly in his prime. Canelo isnt this murderous puncher his fans like to make him out to be. He has yet to make Golovkin stumble much less knock him down.
        Trilogy will certainly look different in favor of Canelo. Just like the rematch looked different than the first fight in favor of Canelo. Canelo outlanded him in power punches in the first fight by a little bit and outlanded him in 7 of 12 rounds, and outlanded him in power punches significantly in the rematch and did it in 9 of 12 rounds. Canelo's power punching was good in the first fight and got better in the rematch. I expect for Canelo to land even more power punches in a trilogy.

What also helps Canelo on the cards is GGG's inaccuracy and his tendency to just throw jabs while Canelo is throwing power shots, landing telling blows that are easy to score and easy to see. GGG did not learn his lesson from the first fight, to throw and land more power shots, and quit the jabbing contest, where he threw 361 jabs. Then in the rematch, not learning from his past mistakes, he decided to throw even more jabs, 547, and threw less power shots than in the first fight. For some reason he went completely against Sanchez advice to throw more power shots, and go at Canelo (who like you say isn't a "murderous puncher" so why be not fight him head on? hmm...), instead he went rogue and threw more jabs and less power shots.

I'm not sure if he will learn his lesson for the trilogy and throw more power shots and relax with the jabs, they clearly don't win fights against someone who's landing 40% of their power shots on you. Impossible. Unless he's himself landing 40% or more of his power shots, which he didn't do in either fights, 32% and 34%.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          People tend to also forget he has a different trainer now and was trying some new tactics, Oh and LOL KOing GGG, Ginger only KOes WW's who are chinny like Khan.
          Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          can't the same be said of ggg?
          Can.you.name.one.fighter.who.Canelo.KOd.who.had.ne ver.been.KOd?

For.GGG.that.list.is.-Murray,Vanes,Monroe,Ouma,Rolls,Wade,Brook,Geale,Ad ama,Ishida,Proksa....many.of.those.only.KOd.by.GGG .in.their.whole.careers.

Throw.in.guys.like.Lemieux,Stevens,Macklin,Rubio,R osado,who.he.KOd.without.hardly.losing.a.round.... and.KOing.them.when.they.have.1.or.2.KOs...and.oft en.KOing.them.earlier.than.any.other.time.they.wer e.KOd.

Just.very.impressive.all.around.for.GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
            I don't think GGG getting hit is a sign of aging. He was trying some new stuff out, but obviously needs more time as he had a short camp with his new trainer. He would be a lot better moving forward instead of trying to play defensive. You all noticed that in the 4th round, he went back to being his old self. He pushed forward, got more aggressive and that KO power was still there. He still has a chin as he was never hurt. His KO power and chin are still intact. Now all he needs is to adjust his style to fit whatever reservations banks has for him as it would help him out in the canelo fight and in other fights.
            I saw the same old Golovkin. In his prime, he was quicker for sure, but the same. Anyway, Canelo's upper body movement, and his ability to fire meaningful counters is a million years beyond anything Rolls does -- or most anyone else. Last time, it turned "GGG" into a much more cautious fighter.

Point being, getting "aggressive" against Canelo without adding any new tactics is likely going to result in another loss.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              I think the Rolls fight had a lot to do with trying out some changes. The being evasive part didn’t work so well but did anyone notice that the knockout was scored from a southpaw stance? Also, using those dome shots to set up body shots was new and somewhat effective.
              Yeah there is a lot of truth in what you said. They had better get the wrinkles out before the Canelo fight. I think it's a combination of the layoff, diminished reflexes, and the changes they are trying to implement. Canelo is a good fighter with a great chin. He has to be on the top of his game to win a third fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                Yes, he switched to the southpaw to throw that wide hook. Not sure I've seen him do that before. I'm used to seeing his dome shots (e.g., the one against Geale's dome was memorable.)

To me he seemed the same old Golovkin, still eating big shots to the mug, but maybe you're right.
                Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                I saw the same old Golovkin. In his prime, he was quicker for sure, but the same. Anyway, Canelo's upper body movement, and his ability to fire meaningful counters is a million years beyond anything Rolls does -- or most anyone else. Last time, it turned "GGG" into a much more cautious fighter.

Point being, getting "aggressive" against Canelo without adding any new tactics is likely going to result in another loss.
                I.think.it's.a.little.funny.that.people.get.on.GGG .for.eating.big.shots...for.a.guy.who.has.never.be en.down.and.never.really.been.hurt...I.mean.it's.b oxing.ya.know...you.have.40.fights.everyone.will.h ave.moments.where.they.get.punched.in.the.face.... seems.like.in.a.way.even.his.haters.view.him.as.th is.indestructible.force.so.any.damage.he.takes.is. highlighted.

I.do.agree.though.that.a.few.shots.Rolls.landed.se emed.to.snap.GGG's.neck.back.which.I.hadn't.really .seen...may.be.a.little.sign.of.age...or.something .else...IDK

I.agree.with.getting.too.aggressive.with.Canelo.co uld.be.dangerous.but.I.feel.he.has.to.do.something ....I.think.GGG.was.pretty.clearly.the.better.man. in.both.fights...but.if.no.KO.comes.all.thepeople. who.hate.on.GGG.will.find.a.way.to.give.the.decisi on.to.Canelo...so.the.only.way.he.can.really.get.a .sure.win(both.on.the.cards.and.amongst.his.haters ).is.to.get.to.the.body.and.get.to.work....dangero us.for.sure.

But.Canelo.could.jab.GGG.all.night.in.fight.3.and. suddenly.all.the.people.who.hate.GGG.would.start.w axing.again.about.how.important.the.jab.is.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  I.think.it's.a.little.funny.that.people.get.on.GGG .for.eating.big.shots...for.a.guy.who.has.never.be en.down.and.never.really.been.hurt...I.mean.it's.b oxing.ya.know...you.have.40.fights.everyone.will.h ave.moments.where.they.get.punched.in.the.face.... seems.like.in.a.way.even.his.haters.view.him.as.th is.indestructible.force.so.any.damage.he.takes.is. highlighted.

I.do.agree.though.that.a.few.shots.Rolls.landed.se emed.to.snap.GGG's.neck.back.which.I.hadn't.really .seen...may.be.a.little.sign.of.age...or.something .else...IDK

I.agree.with.getting.too.aggressive.with.Canelo.co uld.be.dangerous.but.I.feel.he.has.to.do.something ....I.think.GGG.was.pretty.clearly.the.better.man. in.both.fights...but.if.no.KO.comes.all.thepeople. who.hate.on.GGG.will.find.a.way.to.give.the.decisi on.to.Canelo...so.the.only.way.he.can.really.get.a .sure.win(both.on.the.cards.and.amongst.his.haters ).is.to.get.to.the.body.and.get.to.work....dangero us.for.sure.

But.Canelo.could.jab.GGG.all.night.in.fight.3.and. suddenly.all.the.people.who.hate.GGG.would.start.w axing.again.about.how.important.the.jab.is.lol
                  Nutball typography, perhaps not deliberate. I agree with you that Golovkin must find a way to get to the body against Canelo, but I don't think he can do it without taking a decisive beating in return -- unless he puts some serious wrinkles in his game at the very least.

Comment

What did we see?

-GGG tagged a bit
                    -GGG showing a good chin
                    -GGG breaking down someone who throws on the earmuffs and stand still
                    -GGG showing power

seen it all before, nothing to be learned here...i see GGG/Canelo III going the same way as first two, which is fine with me bc they were good fights

Comment

I can't see a different type of fight from the first two.

Very competitive, close rounds with Canelo getting the nod because he is with GB.

It's really that simple IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X