No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Legally no you should not be held accountable for the actions of people who merely belong to the same race. From my interactions with you, even though you're a total dork, I don't worry that you're going to randomly rape or kill me.

But in reality where the only thing a total stranger knows about you is which group you belong to and the sort of reputation they cultivate, yes, they do create a reputation for you. Even the most PC/SJW types can't set aside their self-preservation instincts in real life and act differently around groups with higher crime rates.

Are we discussing two separate topics here?

- I would assume we agree that nobody should be jailed or financially penalized based on their race. That is a lose-lose situation for everyone.

- You seem to agree that the police, regardless of race, exhibit some degree of bias against black people.

All I'm doing is noting why that bias exists & that I don't think it will cease to exist unless the underlying cause ceases to exist, which is that the black violent crime rate is factually and significantly higher than other ethnic groups and society can't be expected to "just not notice" no matter what the written law says. People will notice.

You could have cops conscripted from the general population to serve one-years tours of duty and they would still encounter the same environment and develop the same responsive biases.

When you break it down nearly everyone agrees that innocent people shouldn't be punished based on race and nearly everyone wishes the black violent crime rate would decrease.

These shared objectives are muddied up by the "cops vs blacks" narrative, which reverts everyone back into their respective political camps.

Now what's the fix in your opinion? For what I can tell unless the crime rates decrease organically, there is no fix and that bias will remain present no matter how the police are managed.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, dork :P

So I could summarize your entire post by just saying you acknowledge that there are racist cops. Ok. I do as well. So yes, we do agree.

But you're saying the fix is for black crime rates to decrease. We've already been through this, and I'm not going through it again, but what if (and here is a fabulous idea) crime isn't all about race? If crime is about poverty, then I guess it would be that poor people would be treated differently? How far should this go. Should we break down every category by race? Should we see which race is guilty more of arson and let cops run amok on people of that race for it? See who is mostly guilty of trespass and start stopping them everywhere?

The fix is to have better police. Obviously the police involved in situations like this are just not good at their job! It's plain to see here, which is the point of the video!

If this cop didn't suck at his job, this wouldn't have happened. "Put down the weapon. I feel threatened." Are you serious???? lol

Comment

the kid probably made a big deal of it to break up his work-study job. if it was quitting time, he'd have made it easier on everyone i'm sure. but, he freed up that cop's life....forever.

Comment

Sounds like a liberal cop

Liberals shouldnt be allowed to be a cop let alone own and hold a gun

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Yes, a 3ft long stick can he used as a weapon. A broom handle can be a weapon.
          I admit, it had me dying when the cop says, "Put down the weapon," and the dude says, "It's a bucket."

Come on, man. He wasn't brandishing it at him. He made no attempt to use it as a weapon what so ever. It's not illegal to hold a damn trash picker upper or whatever it's even called.

I'm not trying to shift blame, nor am I even trying to attach blame. That's your job to say how wrong whitey is here.
          That's an idiotic statement to make. The cop would have been just as wrong if he were black. You guys go hurling around the racist labels when, quite the contrary, when a black man here does absolutely nothing wrong, you want to say what he should have done. lol. Even when....what ur saying he should do is exactly what he did. But yea, let's focus on his behavior instead of the cop....just in case someone is in the thread saying "whitey is wrong." Did you feel a need to run in and defend whom you refer to as "whitey," because otherwise, I've no idea what focusing on adjusting the legal activity of the civilian was going to accomplish for you.

So maybe you thought people were in here saying, "Whitey is wrong," and you decided to put on your cape and fly to the rescue? False alarm, buddy.

All I'm trying to say, is that you can avoid having the police pull guns on you if you carry and produce a proper government issued ID.

That's all. It's really that simple. What turned into a Big Drama Show could have been a 30 second nothing of an interaction.

Cop: Do you have an ID?
          Man: Sure, here it is, right here. I live right there in that building, unit 6.
          Cop: Looks like everything checks out. Have a nice day, sir.

And again, what if he doesn't have any ID besides his University ID? Which, again, he in all likelihood didn't even have to show with no reasonable suspicion of a crime....but we can leave that part out.

So what should happen if he has no state ID? He gave the ID that he had. He identified himself. He identified where he lives. He even said he'd buzz in for the cop to show him that he has access to come and go as he pleases.

So what more should he have done than that?

Comment

Picking up trash is the most suspicious thing ever!

Comment

How the heck is this fool still able to collect a check until Feb 2020? That video was infuriating. My man is out picking up trash and some racist clown decides to roll up on him. Good he's gone, definitely not the kind of cop you need patrolling streets

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                *Black guy gets illegally detained and civil rights violated*

"Libertarians" and "liberty loving white conservatives"

WHAT ABOUT CHICAGO AND BLACK ON BLACK CRIME?!?!?

Just say you think black people are second class citizens and shouldn't be afforded the same rights and protection as whites. I'd have a lot more respect for you if you did. But y'all can't keep it real to save your lives. The realest white guy to ever grace this forum was Freedom. There was no doubt in what he believed and he made it known and didn't try to play games. Kept it 100 at all times
                i honestly dont think anybody in this thread thinks that. hell, i think maybe like 3 or 4 people on this entire forum think that. and they are obviously people who should not be taken seriously.

like him or not, //// is killing it in this thread. hes 100% right in my euro not-living in the us opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  i honestly dont think anybody in this thread thinks that. hell, i think maybe like 3 or 4 people on this entire forum think that. and they are obviously people who should not be taken seriously.

like him or not, //// is killing it in this thread. hes 100% right in my euro not-living in the us opinion.
                  Say what?

The only thing he said is that it's unfair that racist cops exist, but they exist because of the black crime rate.

The black crime rate doesn't change the fact that racist cops shouldn't exist. Don't you agree, Szef?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    Say what?

The only thing he said is that it's unfair that racist cops exist, but they exist because of the black crime rate.

The black crime rate doesn't change the fact that racist cops shouldn't exist. Don't you agree, Szef?
                    what hes saying is that cops are humans too.

of course racist cops should not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      what hes saying is that cops are humans too.

of course racist cops should not exist.
                      Well of course we know cops are human. That doesn't excuse them from being racist when performing their duties, so I don't see the point of even bringing this up.

Do we really need a "voice of reason" that states after every racist incident, "Well ya know...he's human."
                      Last edited by travestyny; 06-09-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X