Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Louis is The Greatest Boxer Of All Time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Hank Kaplan rates Louis as the best HW ever. That guy knew more about boxing than any of us. #justsaying

Didn't Ring Magazine name him the greatest as well? I know they named him as the greatest puncher.

Nvm though, Elroy1 says he was a bum. We must bow down to his massive boxing knowledge.
    That statement of Hank's proved 1 of 2 things. He does not know **** about boxing or 2. He is a liar! LOL It can ONLY be one or the other with no exception!

I mean I'd take as much insult were you to deny me evolution and tell me the world was created 3000 years ago.

Ring magazine is a media controlled organisation dedicated to the promotion of American, nostalgic ideals. It does not source it's information from facts.

You don't take my word for it either..

You do your research and see that it matches up with the analysis.

Joe Louis weighed 205lbs and his KO ratio against guys the size of modern HW's was just ok, because he beat a few giants. Closer analysis of these bums reveals they were jokes. We can also see footage of Louis hitting a bag, looks weak. Conclusion: Louis is weak puncher compared to ANY modern HW.

Joe Louis is the best fighter? Quick analysis of Joe Louis fight stats, records and his opponents reveals on paper that Joe Louis would not be competitive with a modern HW.

Checking his actual video performance confirms the statistics. Joe Louis looks like ****, as does his opponents.

Case Closed. If it looks like ****, it reads like ****, it MUST be ****!

Of course this is NOTHING against Joe Louis.

Louis WAS great in his day, ahead of his time and I DO respect him.

It's just that, as in EVERY SINGLE SPORT and every single THING really, comparisons with their modern equivalents makes them look beyond laughable.

Common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Tony Two Ton Galento staggered Joe Louis and went on to knock him down in their 1939 fight. Louis got up and won by KO the next round, though. But here you have it, the guy who most boxing experts believe is the greatest HW of all time was floored by a 5 foot 9, 245 lbs greaseball with a reach shorter than most chickens
      Yes LOL how did I forget about that, Galento even knocked Louis down ahahaha.

"Greatest HW of all time, hardest puncher?"

Did Ring Magazine actually say that?

No wonder boxing fans are considered the dumbest in all of sports.

I've exposed lots of those dick heads that write for those places plenty of times (which usually results in a quick silencing LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        That statement of Hank's proved 1 of 2 things. He does not know **** about boxing or 2. He is a liar! LOL It can ONLY be one or the other with no exception!

I mean I'd take as much insult were you to deny me evolution and tell me the world was created 3000 years ago.

Ring magazine is a media controlled organisation dedicated to the promotion of American, nostalgic ideals. It does not source it's information from facts.

You don't take my word for it either..

You do your research and see that it matches up with the analysis.

Joe Louis weighed 205lbs and his KO ratio against guys the size of modern HW's was just ok, because he beat a few giants. Closer analysis of these bums reveals they were jokes. We can also see footage of Louis hitting a bag, looks weak. Conclusion: Louis is weak puncher compared to ANY modern HW.

Joe Louis is the best fighter? Quick analysis of Joe Louis fight stats, records and his opponents reveals on paper that Joe Louis would not be competitive with a modern HW.

Checking his actual video performance confirms the statistics. Joe Louis looks like ****, as does his opponents.

Case Closed. If it looks like ****, it reads like ****, it MUST be ****!

Of course this is NOTHING against Joe Louis.

Louis WAS great in his day, ahead of his time and I DO respect him.

It's just that, as in EVERY SINGLE SPORT and every single THING really, comparisons with their modern equivalents makes them look beyond laughable.

Common sense!
        TL;DR

I trust acclaimed boxing historians & ring magazine more than you & other Klitschko nuthuggers on NSB.

*edit*

Did you actually say that Hank Kaplan didn't know **** about boxing? LOLOLOLOL
        Last edited by denium; 07-07-2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

TL;DR

I trust acclaimed boxing historians & ring magazine more than you & other Klitschko nuthuggers on NSB.
          By their very definition, a boxing "HISTORIAN" is SUPPOSED to pump up the past and glorify it... It's the very definition of their job!

You moron! LOL

Comment

I found some barroom brawl from the 30s, thought Id share it with you experts. I guess Max Baer KTFO Vladimir based on this video evidence? Skip to 6 mins 30 for the fight.

Comment

By their very definition, a boxing "HISTORIAN" is SUPPOSED to pump up the past and glorify it... It's the very definition of their job!

You moron! LOL
              Hank Kaplan received countless acknowledgments of professional respect over the years, as well as proper awards and honors. He was elected to the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1999, and was honored with the James J. Walker Award for long and meritorious service from the Boxing Writers Association of America in 2002. He was also the first elected president of the World Boxing Historians Association. In 1989, Hank helped establish the International Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota, New York by creating its research library and serving on its nominating committee. Many professional boxers had wished to nominate Mr. Kaplan to the Boxing Hall of Fame for years, but Mr. Kaplan stated that he wanted to see others nominated before him, and would not step down from the nominating committee. Finally, after much pressure, Mr. Kaplan did step down and was inducted in 2006.
              So this guy doesn't have a clue eh? You're a ****ing idiot. No wonder you have 500+ posts and are still in the red. Now piss off.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                I found some barroom brawl from the 30s, thought Id share it with you experts. I guess Max Baer KTFO Vladimir based on this video evidence? Skip to 6 mins 30 for the fight.
                That Denium guy is going to be in "Denial" now (I know it was a **** joke LOL)

Suddenly Ring Magazine looks so smart anymore does it mate? All those Historians that told you this stuff and now you can actually SEE how they led you astray. I would be angry too LOL.

I wonder what Ray Corso would say? He tried to tell me once that "boxing skills PEAKED in the 30's!"

Yeah Ray, it certainly LOOKS like it LOL

Comment

That Denium guy is going to be in "Denial" now (I know it was a **** joke LOL)

Suddenly Ring Magazine looks so smart anymore does it mate? All those Historians that told you this stuff and now you can actually SEE how they led you astray. I would be angry too LOL.

I wonder what Ray Corso would say? He tried to tell me once that "boxing skills PEAKED in the 30's!"

Yeah Ray, it certainly LOOKS like it LOL
                  You're a David Haye fan. That automatically places you in the ******ed category.

Comment

Larry Holmes baby

Comment

TL;DR

*edit*

Did you actually say that Hank Kaplan didn't know **** about boxing? LOLOLOLOL
                      I offered alternative explanation didn't I... It's up to you to decide!

Comment

Working...
                      X