Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan's comments ... What do you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks beats Porter, that would be a good fight in the UK.

Comment

Fair comments. Brook doesnt particularly deserve a title shot against Porter. Just because he is undefeated isn't the be all, end all. He hasn't really fought anyone to earn a shot. Khan v Porter is better fight.

Comment

The truth lies somewhere in the middle...

Khan beats Collazo, so now considers himself 'A' level fighter.

Brook beats errrr...nobody, so now considers himself a legit challenge to 'King' Khan.

If ( and it is a big IF) Brook beats Porter then yes, he deserves the shot at Khan.

Problem is, if Brook beats Porter he will probably then say he is only looking towards Mayweather...

Both these guys are mildly deluded as to where they actually stand within the WW division. Neither currently hold a title, but Khan does have the credibility of a better resume.

I think they should fight each other, it will be a big payday for both and hopefully put an end to their ***** ass whining.

I can't really see Brook getting past Porter to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post

Brook beats errrr...nobody, so now considers himself a legit challenge to 'King' Khan.

If ( and it is a big IF) Brook beats Porter then yes, he deserves the shot at Khan.

Problem is, if Brook beats Porter he will probably then say he is only looking towards Mayweather...

Both these guys are mildly deluded as to where they actually stand within the WW division. Neither currently hold a title, but Khan does have the credibility of a better resume.

I think they should fight each other, it will be a big payday for both and hopefully put an end to their ***** ass whining.

nice post Alex, a lot there I agree with even though I thought Khan's comments were pretty fair!

I'm not convinced that Porter-Brook will even happen, and if it does can't see Brook winning.

If somehow he did though, then Brook-Khan would be a big UK fight and the winner probably would get a shot against Mayweather by way of a "unification" fight.

Ditto Porter-Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post

That is a great post!!!

The key point is, if Brook does manage to beat Porter, then Khan can forget about getting a shot at Brook. And as you stated, Brook would rightfully go for a Floyd fight in the UK -- Which would be a nice event and would steam Khan proper.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Not surprised to see idiots defending Khan.

He says Brook has done nothing to deserve a title shot. What did Amir Khan do to deserve his first title shot against Andrey Kotelnik?

The answer is even less than Brook has done. In fact Khan had never even fought at the weight he fought his first world title fight at. At least Brook actively campaigns as a Welterweight, something you could not say about Khan when he fought for a Junior Welter belt.

I guess all Brook needs to do to deserve a shot at Amir Khan is to equal Khan's epic headbutt win over a shot to **** Marco Antonio Barrera.

Hey... I hear Eric Morales is fat and looking for a fight.... Step up Brook! Be more like Amir!
              Ummm Khan is a big name and Kotelnik seemed content coming to England and defend his belt for good $, rather Khan going to Germany/Ukraine.

Brook has been a pro for 10 years almost exclusively at WW and how many wins did it take Khan to make a bigger statement than him at WW? 1

How many world titles has Brook won or names beaten at WW?

Brook has been a mandatory for 4 years of one title or another and never followed through with his shots and uses Khan's name to stay relevant. At least Khan has fought names like Judah, Paulie, Kotelnik, Maidana and Collazo. Collazo beats anyone on Brook's resume.

Boxing is not fair and Khan doesn't owe Brook anything just like Floyd with Khan.

The idiot here seems to be you defending Kell Brook.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 05-27-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Fighting Brook is no bigger than Paul McCloskey at this point and at least that had a title on the line. Brook is from Ingle's gym and if it wasn't the case no one would've even cared about him.

It is only a rivalry, because Brook can't shut up about Khan. It's like saying Khan has a rivalry with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Not surprised to see idiots defending Khan.

He says Brook has done nothing to deserve a title shot. What did Amir Khan do to deserve his first title shot against Andrey Kotelnik?

The answer is even less than Brook has done. In fact Khan had never even fought at the weight he fought his first world title fight at. At least Brook actively campaigns as a Welterweight, something you could not say about Khan when he fought for a Junior Welter belt.

I guess all Brook needs to do to deserve a shot at Amir Khan is to equal Khan's epic headbutt win over a shot to **** Marco Antonio Barrera.

Hey... I hear Eric Morales is fat and looking for a fight.... Step up Brook! Be more like Amir!
                  Unlike Brook, Khan brought the name and exposure when he fought Kotelnik. If Kotelnik had beaten Khan, he would gained much media exposure. Despite bing a world champion Kotelnik was relatively unknown. In terms of exposure, Brook doesn't bring anything that Khan already has.

So thats why, Casper.

Comment

Thing is Khan has achieved far more in his career, maybe some of you idiots won't agree but it's the truth, He was the youngest common wealth medallist for Britain also the youngest Olympic Medallist for Britain in Boxing and the youngest World Champion for Britain aswell. Brook hasn't even had 1 fight away from home, hasn't beaten even a C class opponent yet.

Comment

I don't see any irony here whatsoever...

Brooks resume doesn't touch Khans and Khans resume doesn't touch Floyds. Doesn't mean these fights don't make sense and aren't worth the B-sides pursuing. All these fighters are just doing what they gotta do. Don't you get it? You're the one getting things mixed up. Cause you're thinkin with your agenda

Comment

Working...
                      X