No announcement yet.

"Floyd is going to run against maidana"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Floyd is going to run against maidana"

If you havent been watching mayweather his last few fights, or really since the de la hoya fight you would say something like this. Mayweather since age 30 has basically been standing and using minimal movement and laying against the ropes lately. the strategy of constant movement and uusing his legs to create opportunities has basically been removed in alot of ways.

What does happen is fighters tend to watch his every move and sort of cut down their own punch output. Maidanas best chance against floyd is now, what little chance he does have lies in the fact that at 37 his legs can get old over night and that maidana has shown that he can break a stationary defense in practice, AND I SAY PRACTICE.

Floyd does more than the shoulder roll, he gives several unique looks every few rounds.

Also, i thought this fight would satisfy the people on here saying that "floyd saw himself in the broner loss and would duck maidana"

nobody wanted the kahn fight, but now nobody wants this fight? knowing bradley and pacquiao are tied up and are in a promotional war regardless, you guys just pull opponents out of your ass. Thurman/Lara etc. while those are decent fights, what credit would he get for those, especially if it was a chess match? the same credit he gets for beating hatton/canelo etc people he supposedly ducked. at least with maidana there is no issue as to his credbility and visibility. its not the greatest fight but its viable for the time being made and would earn him a belt should he win.

Nice post. Thought you were hatin on Floyd when I first read the title.

Comment

Floyd ran from Guerrero at times when he saw what he did against Berto. You don't think he will run vs Maidana?

Comment

he moved a lot versus guerrero to prevent guerrero's spoiler tactics.

Comment

Floyd is a great inside fighter

Things won't go Maidana's way at close quarters unlike the Broner fight

Comment

Seriously, tell them. Floyd fights all the top fighters that can give him trouble. But they have to fight the Floyd criteria. Al Haymon doing a great job of managing Floyd, wait should i be giving Floyd credit for picking the right opponets or not, now am confused, what would Floyd say?

Comment

Comment

Why should Floyd have ducked a Maidana fight when those are the type of fights that he always takes? Flat-footed plodders that will get frustrated when you box them? See Devon Alexander fight. Even Morales gave Maidana fits. So did Khan!

Floyd said "Broner is still young and has lots too learn. Broner fought Maidana too flat-footed. Broner should have KOed Maidana"

Comment

Maidana's aggression is going to work against him later in the fight. It might create opportunities for him early, but floyd is going to walk him into some big shots. He's also going to slowly work maidan over to the body. When he sees maidana get tired he won't be "running" or backing up at all. On the contrary do not be surprised to see floyd being the aggressor and walking down and backing up maidana for large portions of this fight, as I have no doubt he and his father are of the opinion that maidana cannot fight effectively off the back foot. I'm picking floyd to work maidana over and possibly stop him in rd 8, 9 or 10

Comment

Floyd has ran in both of his showtime fights, this one he will likely stay in the pockets and walk Maidana down because he knows he is naturally bigger, and Maidana is slow.

Comment

Working...
                    X