• Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao: "Floyd Is Pound-for-Pound’s Best in the World Today..."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-90611.html

Pacquiao Prays for Mayweather.
    By Eddie Alinea
    PhilBoxing.com
    Sat, 28 Dec 2013

Fighters aren’t supposed to be like Manny Pacquiao. The Filipino boxing hero barely talks more than a whisper. He is more like a priest than a boxer, more altar boy than home boy. He sounds like a priest, always talking about the Holy Scripture.

Manny Pacquiao, in fact, doesn’t say bad words. He speaks softly and sees only the good things. Whoever utters a word against him, he answers with prayers.

When told of arch-critic Floyd Mayweather’s latest online dig, the world’s only eight-division champion and holder of four lineal titles merely giggled over the phone, saying: “Again? Like before, I’ll just pray for him.”

“Alam mo, sa totoo lang, I think Floyd really loves me contrary to what many believe,” he blurted out in vernacular in a long distance telephone interview on Christmas Day from General Santos City. “And he has reasons to like me. Kasi, like him, I also keep boxing alive at this present time di ba?”

“Honestly, I would like to thank him for always remembering me. “Haven’t you noticed, every time he talks, he talks about me. Isa lang ang ibig sabihin nyan, para sa kanya, hindi mabubuhay ang boksing gaya ng pagkabuhay nito ngayon, kung wala siya at wala ako,” the 35-year-old reasoned out. (That means only one thing, for him, boxing will not thrive the way it is now without him and me.)

“And, maybe, for him, life without me would be sadder than sad, as a line in one of our favorite songs connotes,” he told this writer. “Para sa akin, okay lang for him to make fun of me. Hindi naman niya sinasabing masama akong tao. Na mamatay ako o magnanakaw.”

“People are telling me, marami daw nagagalit sa twitter sa mga pinagsasabi niya, he said. “Well and good because that will make him realize na maraming magtatanggol sa akin sa mga sinasabi nya. That he has no monopoly in popularity among boxing fans, in particular, but sports fans, in general.”

“As I have been saying from the very first time that he poked fun on me, I’ll just pray for him. Pray that God spares him from any career-ending injury so he may continue practicing our profession,” the father of four to Sarangani Vice governor wife Jinkee, stressed.

“Floyd is pound-for-pound’s best in the world today and I acknowledge that, Whatever happens to him will make the entire sports world sad.

Kailangan siya ng boksing. “Pacquiao said he doesn’t regret, too, Mayweather’s pronouncement of not wanting to fight him. “I have also been long saying this, kung ayaw niyang lumaban sa akin, ganun din ako. Kilala na naman ako ng buong mundo na lumalaban kahit sinong iharap sa akin. I have never choose my opponent in my almost two-decade boxing career.”

The Fighter of the Decade said he’s already resigned that the fight everybody has been waiting won’t materialize. “Actually, we don’t have to fight na. Pareho naman naming nabibigyan ng kaligayahan ang boxing fans. So let’s just leave it at that.”

”Basta ako, I will fight for as long as I can. That’s my job as a boxer. Kapag lumalaban ako napakaraming tao ang napaliligaya ko. At nakararamdam ako ng peace of mind kapag nakakapagpapasaya ako ng maraming tao.” he pointed out.

Can someone translate some of the Tagalog parts?

It is true that Pacquiao appears to be on Floyd's mind 24/7, even on Christmas. Kinda odd

Comment

Floyd is obsessed with Pacquiao. I bet he thinks about him more than he does about himself

Comment

Mayweather and Pacquiao are the two greatest fighters of this era. Hands down

Comment

Now we know for a certainty that Pacquiao is focking financially broke.

Gonna be hard to beat them taxmen than them boxers. Ask Joe Louis

Comment

Pac is all class. ITS sad not to have seen these two in the ring. Jr is just not the man he is made out to be or that fight would have been made long ago but instead Jr made accusations of peds and demands that no sane fighter would GIVE INTO. Jr has done every thing possible to NOT get in the ring with Pac.

OH well, life goes on. Pac said it best when he said, JR does not want to make the fight.

Comment

translation:

Just me, I will fight for as long as I can. That's my job as a boxer. When I fought the crowds I napaliligaya. And I feel a peace of mind when I nakakapagpapasaya many people

Google translate, n word.

Comment

been reiterated a thousand times, but it's the truth... manny is one of the classiest boxers ever, and truly a great example for his country and for aspiring boxers. he will go down as one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of gloves. fact.

salamat po manny!!

Comment

Pacquiao is still the greatest fighter of this era while floyd is the greatest fraud of all time.

Comment

Floyd=Batman
                    Pacquiao=Joker?

Comment

Working...
                    X