Sloow joe louis, WHOOP ME???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloow joe louis, WHOOP ME???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSp90BN3PlA

Has cus got a point here or is he talking sheeeit. Would he catch up to Ali or more modern boxers that could move and box? What do you think about Joes opposition compared to more recent fighters?

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSp90BN3PlA

Has cus got a point here or is he talking sheeeit. Would he catch up to Ali or more modern boxers that could move and box? What do you think about Joes opposition compared to more recent fighters?
    Boxing, like any other sport, has evolved. The past couldn't possibly keep up with the present.

Comment

Eddie Futch and Ray Arcel also thought Louis would have beaten Ali.
      After 40 years involvement with the sport, both participating and observing, I don't see that the skill level among boxers has increased. There aren't as many fighters as there used to be, much less as many good fighters. That is just going back to the 1970s, much less the 1930s.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
        Eddie Futch and Ray Arcel also thought Louis would have beaten Ali.
        After 40 years involvement with the sport, both participating and observing, I don't see that the skill level among boxers has increased. There aren't as many fighters as there used to be, much less as many good fighters. That is just going back to the 1970s, much less the 1930s.
        This....

Truth be told, the main thing that has evolved in sports is EQUIPMENT. Imagine Dick Butkus, Dick "Night Train" Lane, or Gale Sayers using today's NFL equipment. Jesse Owens running on today's tracks with today's shoes....Bill Russell or Oscar Robertson on the basketball court with a pair of this year's Jordans.

Now think if today's athletes had yester-year athlete's equipment.

With that said, boxing is perhaps the sport where equipment hasn't really changed and training techniques have remained constant. In fact, many of today's boxers don't use some of the old school training methods that contributed to success. On top of that, see the bolded above.

Comment

Working...
        X