No announcement yet.

Who is the harder man to beat.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the harder man to beat.....

....out of 1966 Muhammad ali and roy jones at middleweight? If you throw all the great hws at ali and all the great middleweights at jones, whos the harder man to beat in there devision?

I'd say Ali is harder to beat just by virtue of him being much more accomplished and experienced and I think the likes of Hagler, Monzon and Robinson are better slightly better fighters than the next best HW's.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      I'd say Ali is harder to beat just by virtue of him being much more accomplished and experienced and I think the likes of Hagler, Monzon and Robinson are better slightly better fighters than the next best HW's.
      how do you figure this?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        how do you figure this?
        By '66 Ali had already defeated a massive amount of Top 10 ranked contenders, defeated HOF/ATG fighter Liston two times and held the Undisputed/Lineal title for 7 defences by the end of '66.

That is much more than what Roy Jones did at Middleweight.

Comment

Ali - and I chose my answer with relative ease.

Roy Jones was much better at Super-Middleweight and his reign at LHW probably bettered that of his SMW reign too.

Comment

Ali by far................................Jones fought a few times at middle and shouldn't be recognized in that division he's a LtHvy (175). As for super middle or junior ltHvy or any of that BS their isn't any ATG known at the "in between" weights! Those were created to add titles and nothing more, if you like a junior heavy (cruiser) fine but I think thats BS too. A heavyweight has NO weight catagory at all, someone weighing 172 can fight at heavy or 155. Its an "Open Class" division for all and everyone! Ray.

Comment

Ali!-------------------------

Comment

imo up to 1966 alis best v his best comp was the first liston fight n he was technically flawless. even when he had something burning his eyes liston couldnt do nothing effective to him. in comparison, jones best at 160 v the best comp against hopkins, jones wasnt untouchable n clearly lost 4 rounds to the very raw at the time bhop. ali's the easy pick here

Comment

ali by far

Comment

1966 is the same year he had trouble with henry cooper and had been knocked down before that aswell. I cant see any middleweight having any knid of chance with jones, so I give it to roy jones

Comment

Working...
                    X