Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime PAC vs Prime DLH, weightclass not a factor, The Mexicutioner still wins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Freddie basically said that he wouldn't have allowed Pac to fight Oscar in his prime.

The Great matchups to talk about for Pac would be under 140. So many great fighters below that to talk about.
    I know of that interview you are referring to. But what you didn't include was that Freddie also meant that he would not have put a PAC that had to jump up divisions to face a Prime DLH.

There's also another interview of Freddie, where he said that P4P he would've favored a prime PAC over a prime DLH simply due to styles.

So, lets review this. A prime PAC that would have to jump two divisions to face a prime DLH would've probably gotten battered by the bigger Prime DLH.

Now, if PAC and DLH were even in size, and it basically came down skill, speed, fortitude, and style. I'd have to go with PAC! I'm not saying PAC has more boxing skill than DLH, but the style, toughness and stamina of PAC would be enough to wear down a prime DLH.

A prime DLH never showed fortitude against fighters on his level, never. And he sure as hell would not have done it against an energizer like PAC.

A prime DLH that faced Whitaker did everything wrong when facing a southpaw, today's DLH made the same exact mistakes he made 11 years ago. Was DLH weight-drained then when he faced Whitaker????

DLH kept moving to his right against PAC, he did the same thing against Whitaker.

DLH never figured out Whitaker's left straight, he obviously didn't improve on 12.06.08

The difference between PAC and Whitaker, was that PAC applied constant pressure, Pernell chose to clown around the ring rather than get busy.

Comment

Working...
    X