Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do divisions get unfairly labeled "weak" if the top fighters are not American?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    Like middleweight, heavyweight and cruiserweight, for example.

And do divisions like 140 get called "loaded" by Max Kellerman and others if it's top fighters happen to be Americans?
    Middleweight division as a lot of potential right now, of course boxers like David Lemieux are already underrated because he's canadian and does not fight in the US. He's now #3 WBC and #4 WBA is record is 23 w with 22 KO and many people on this site don't even know him. When i made a thread about him about 1 month ago, ive been called a nuthugger and someone who doesn't know anything about boxing, that's weird... i started boxing 30 years ago so i think that my opinions on a boxer are good enough. I guess many people still thinks that Jacobs is way better than Lemieux even though he looked "amateur" againts another prospect. But the real boxing fans will notice boxers like David Lemieux no matter where they live, just like i knew that Pirog would give a solid opposition to Jacobs.

Comment

And do divisions like 140 get called "loaded" by Max Kellerman and others if it's top fighters happen to be Americans?
      Yep because African Americans secretly control boxing, promote all the big fights and run all the boxing organizations.

Comment

how can you sat that hw is not weak when guys like briggs get title shots

Comment

The divisions you mentioned are not loaded, far from it. And it's bull**** like this that takes away from any credible argument you might have. Bantamweight and featherweight are loaded and there's no American fighter in there, when Gamboa fights on HBO he will say it.

What will you say then?

Middleweight is far from loaded, it has 2 sub-par titlists in Sylvester and Sturm. Sturm got a gift against Gevor, Khoren moved up to fight Sartison (who doesn't even fit in the Ring top 10 at 168) and was beaten decisively. Sylvester got a gift against Roman Karmazin, RK was in a life and death struggle the fight before against Epifanio Mendoza. After some of the prospects establish themselves, it'll be a really good division though.

Heavyweight is far from loaded, it's the Klitschko's then everyone else. They're head and shoulder above the rest (literally). Haye is #3 in the division... are you trying to say that's a stacked division? Wlad is fighting Sam Peter, Vitali is fighting Shannon Briggs, Adamek is fighting Michael Grant. Doesn't sound like a loaded division to me.

Cruiserweight is a decent division. It was better when Haye, Adamek, Mormeck, and Bell were in it though. Steve Cunningham alone has beaten all the other 3 titlists (Wlodszarc, Huck, and Jones). If Jones was fighting consistently, the division would be better, but it's not still a good/decent division.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
            Tunney only see's what he wants to see. If 100 black folks said white people are great boxers and 20 black people said white's are garbage, guess who is gonna get 100% of Tunney's attention. He only see's it one way. Btw that was just an example.
            It isn't Black people that are being unfair about the European fighters.

Antonio Tarver was 100% fair in his comments about Dzinziruk when he last fought, but Farhood seemed to be searching for something negative to say.

Dwyer of gambler's advisory is 100% fair and objective in his evaluation of European boxers.

Manny Steward was 100% fair and accurate in his comments about Pirog.

It's actually the WHITE American writers/commentators like Kellerman, Raskin, Lederman, Atlas and others who are generally unfairly negative.

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
              whats the last entertaining fight of either klitchko ?
              Chambers vs Wlad, Arreola vs Vitaly...You are not a fan I gues but to me everyone of their fights are entertaining. What was the last entertaining fight by Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                Yes he did. Andrade knocked him down and the ref started counting, and then he started over (without even looking at Andrade), giving Bute extra time to get up. Why do you think they did a rematch? Because there was so much controversy about that win.

I forgot what the ref's excuse was, but I remember it being a bad one because he didn't look at Andrade.
                Bute went down with 7 seconds left in the round and he was up before the count of ten. Wheter he was fit to continue given the fact that the bell cannot save you in the last round is another matter.

Comment

You may have a point. I never understood all the fuss around the 140lb division. Bradley and Alexander are/were hugely overrated.

Comment

Working...
                  X