Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Finalized For November 4, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh chit! fight done? Kudos to Wilder for finally fighting someone that IMHO might put him at risk, So what happened to Bern sti?

Comment

• This is going to be a good one. Huge feather in Wilder's cap if he takes out Ortiz.

Ortiz has monstrous power but I think Wilder can literally KO anybody and has more athleticism. His stance still looks awkward to me but he makes it work.

This will be a big test for Wilder and ought to clear up the heavyweight picture some. There are some major HW fights looming with Anthony Joshua out in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        Stivern-Breazeale on this card is a great touch as well.

Breazeale has been in some really exciting fights; and this sort of placates Stiverne; with the winner of this fight presumably being in the title picture. It also gives the perception of Stiverne needing to actually fight his way back, as well.
        I used to kinda hate brezeale. But now im pretty excited when he fights. He always seems to get in exciting fights and gets up off canvas and wins. Wont ever be a top guy but should be a fun guy in the division for a while imo

Comment

• Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
          Jacobs being on the card will drastically contribute to ticket sales I believe
          Yo....most of the tickets are about gone already

Comment

• I am every bit as excited to see Danny Jacobs back in action. The dude is a monster. Be great to wipe out whatever MW is in front of him, get him to Billy Jo Saunders to remove his belt, and then a HUGE payday and fight with the Canelo/GGG winner at the end of 2018. A guy can hope.

As for this, I was a big Ortiz fan, but he looked blah and unmotivated his last two fights. I like his polish way better than Wilders and think he is the better boxer, but Wilder is more active and I think he wins. I got Stivern losing. Please, let him lose. The guy is just horrid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
              I used to kinda hate brezeale. But now im pretty excited when he fights. He always seems to get in exciting fights and gets up off canvas and wins. Wont ever be a top guy but should be a fun guy in the division for a while imo
              Agree. He is easy to cheer for- a journeyman who works so hard you have to respect it. I have him in a clear UD

Comment

• What a damn shame? The WBA should make this a unification bout by adding their strap into the mix. Anthony Joshua should be stripped for not fighting his mandatory challenger. He's taking the path to least resistance by challenging Pulev over King Kong Luis Ortiz. Now if he loses to Deontay Wilder watch how AJ avoid the winner by challenging Luis Ortiz for that WBA title anyway.

Comment

• Saunders refuse to dream of Jacobs. Wuss. Joshua showed his split/clit by avoiding his mandatory Ortiz to wait for the scraps of Wilder-Ortiz. Parker.. stay tune bcuz there's more from the land of Wuss.

Comment

• The past few years I thought Ortiz was the best HW in the division, but I fear that he's wasted his prime, even thought he is far more skilled than all of those other guys.

People tend to underestimate physicality in a fight. It's the reason that even a world class martial artist like Ronda Rousey would lose in a fight against a large percentage of large men who can't even fight.

Deontay Wilder is 6'7" with long arms, speed, and extreme power. He could win this fight just based on that stuff, even if King Kong is more skilled

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      I'm not sold on Ortiz, but I think he should have enough to beat Wilder.
                      Mansaur has some info that Ortiz is closer to 50 . A better question is what excuse will the Klitchko detractors (wilder fan boys ) come up with now should he win and what will they say if Wilder loses since AGE is a big part of their agenda to down play Klitchko ?

Im not even sure i want Wilder too win now bc it will shut everyone up about this guys that age and this age on here ....lol

Seeing this site with a 48 yr old Ortiz win would also be epic and the posts priceless !
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-19-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X