No announcement yet.

Donations to Harvey victims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations to Harvey victims

I haven't seen any threads or even posts about donating to the victims of Harvey. I found you can donate directly and very securely through paypal if you have that.

But I urge all to donate via their preferred methods. They need all the help they can get.

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    I haven't seen any threads or even posts about donating to the victims of Harvey. I found you can donate directly and very securely through paypal if you have that.

But I urge all to donate via their preferred methods. They need all the help they can get.
    I wonder how many scammers are out there... and how much of the money donated will actually go to helping... I wish I knew money... mother f.uckers who do are going to be making a killing off this...

Comment

Yep, Lakewood church wouldn't open its doors to the people in need during the worst days of Harvey. Yet they where taking donations lol, after the backlash osteen got he finally open the doors for shelter of his huge church. It sickens me that people like these men of God exist, they are all the same.

Comment

I actually called pal to talk to them about donating to charities. Celebrities and many people donate, you just have to be careful and do some research about it. I can't speak for the money actually getting to the intended resources, but many do. They told me to post this here.

About PayPal Giving Fund

PayPal covers all transaction costs for donations made on this site, ensuring that 100% of each gift made is available to charity. Your donation will be made to PayPal Giving Fund, an IRS-registered 501(c)(3) public charity (Federal Tax ID: 45-0931286).

PayPal Giving Fund is the charity of record and will provide the donation receipt for your gift. We verify that charities receiving grants from PayPal Giving Fund have tax-exempt status with the IRS and are not on recognized economic sanctions lists. Charities enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund will typically receive funds in their PayPal accounts within 15 to 45 days after PayPal Giving Fund’s receipt of a donation.

PayPal Giving Fund holds all donations in a non-interest bearing account. PayPal Giving Fund retains ultimate discretion over all donations it receives and, in limited cases, may be required to redirect funds when a charity does not meet legal or other eligibility requirements. For more information, please see PayPal Giving Fund’s Nonprofit Certification Policy and Donation Delivery Policy.

Other than that, If you can't trust in an established charity, then don't give. Google who donates how much, even Trump donated, many celebrities donating millions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
          Yep, Lakewood church wouldn't open its doors to the people in need during the worst days of Harvey. Yet they where taking donations lol, after the backlash osteen got he finally open the doors for shelter of his huge church. It sickens me that people like these men of God exist, they are all the same.
          Wow, that sucks. But that's one person, i wonder where he was getting his "donations" from. I hope you and your fam are safe and dry, my friend. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
            I wonder how many scammers are out there... and how much of the money donated will actually go to helping... I wish I knew money... mother f.uckers who do are going to be making a killing off this...
            You make a good point. Too bad there are people who take advantage of a situation, (basically corrupt) And there are an awful lot of them out there.
            Your statement is a welcome sign to all who wish to donate, but be careful of scammers and scumbags.

So many people actually do donate a LOT of money, and I'm sure they don't want a lot of it to get pocketed by corrupt politicians, or other people who can get their grubby hands on it.

bigsmoothh's post about that corrupt pastor is disheartening for sure, Im going to look his name up and see if i come up with any info. Got me curious now. Sucks what some people do in the name of religion.

Comment

Working...
            X