Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on here follow the stock market?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody on here follow the stock market?

Any fellow stock lovers here? New stocks I got include
    nvidia
    Cisco
    Nike
    GE

Cisco/Nike/GE could be long term plays, Nvidia could be the next Amazon...

I'm thinking about shopify and Snap..........not sure

Obviously everything's just my opinion.
    Last edited by JasonBoxing; 08-18-2017, 11:03 PM.

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
    nvidia
    Cisco
    Nike
    GE

Cisco/Nike/GE are long term plays, Nvidia could be the next Amazon...

How much money you make from your stocks? How exactly do you go about getting stocks?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
      How much money you make from your stocks? How exactly do you go about getting stocks?
      Everybody's different and go about getting stocks differently. For me, I get it through BOA's Merril Edge since my account pasted a certain amount which made me eligible for free trades.

Others pay a small fee for brokerages online and buy stocks through them.

Opinions vary on what is exactly a good return. Once again for me personally, I feel that anything between 10 to 20% of what I put in is a great return. There's big ballers out there that live on stocks and want to literally get 500% return or some shyt on a new IPO. I'm not into that kind of risk personally.

Comment

I've always been interested in that but never really knew much about it. I even took an Investment class (just for the credits) and got an A, but honestly everything I learned was all crammed just to pass, I didn't really care. I think I still have the textbook lying somewhere around.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
          nvidia
          Cisco
          Nike
          GE

Cisco/Nike/GE could be long term plays, Nvidia could be the next Amazon...

Obviously everything's just my opinion.
          Good choice on the Nvidia stocks. Due to the Etherium mining all of the AMD **** is off the market and Nvidia stocks should go up soon.

Comment

choose a stock with a jew ceo/majority owner.. they know how to make money

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I've always been interested in that but never really knew much about it. I even took an Investment class (just for the credits) and got an A, but honestly everything I learned was all crammed just to pass, I didn't really care. I think I still have the textbook lying somewhere around.
              well it's simple, buy a stock then sell it at a higher price..
              which stock to buy and when to buy and sell, that's the most difficult part..
              you can either look at the company, research about it, if you like it, buy and sell later (fundamental analysis)
              or you can just look at the graph of stock and "predict" it using "scientific" method and buy and sell the same day (technical analysis)
              either way requires dedication, a lot of study, research, time, and of course intelligence to make the right judgement.. if you're dumb like larryxxx. then forget about it and put your money in mutual/index fund

Comment

I just bought some Amazon at 990 and now has slid to 958 in the 2 days since.. but I have faith in Amazon, 25 years from now it will have substantial gains

GE is a nice long term buy right now, and I still like HP inc and P&g as long term plays..

A small stock I love is BGCP, I have held them for years originally got in at 3, they are now at 12 and they pay a ridiculous dividend as its 50% of employees pay, right now it's only 5.45% which is still huge, but usually before the recent runup it was like at 11%.. stock goes up you make money plus get a huge yield, or stock goes down and yield becomes monster

Comment

I got 2000 Teltra shares. They are pretty much a media/communication company here in Australia. Always go with the safe bet,
                  Last edited by Josh knight; 08-19-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                    well it's simple, buy a stock then sell it at a higher price..
                    which stock to buy and when to buy and sell, that's the most difficult part..
                    you can either look at the company, research about it, if you like it, buy and sell later (fundamental analysis)
                    or you can just look at the graph of stock and "predict" it using "scientific" method and buy and sell the same day (technical analysis)
                    either way requires dedication, a lot of study, research, time, and of course intelligence to make the right judgement.. if you're dumb like larryxxx. then forget about it and put your money in mutual/index fund
                    I know the basics, when I said I don't know much about it I meant like I can not have a convo with someone who knows what they're doing.

I know this is weird to some but I follow some companies just for fun (no investing), I like seeing companies start low and end up blowing up, like a prediction I keep to myself. Last month I started following Redfin's stock prices, I predict this companies stock will rise considerably in the next 5 years. Although i'm not going by much here, I simply looked at the company, I like what they're doing and I think they have a shot at being better than Zillow or Realtor and other competition due to some key things they're doing differently.

Comment

Working...
                    X