Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Alvarez Hit Harder Than Brook @ 160?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    He's not either of those.

Canelo's accuracy is quite sad...he misses often and by a wide margin.

Since the Lara fight....his level of comp has dropped off dramatically.

Since the Lara fight he fought

Kirkland, which given the circumstance of him not fighting in 10 months, I won't **** too much on him fighting Kirkland. But everyone knew what the result would be with glass jaw Kirkland. Given his long layoff after Lara, it was a showcase tune up, I won't complain about it too much for reason explained.

Next fought Cotto which was a high level fight and a legitimate PPV. So I give Canelo credit for the Cotto fight. The judges scores were ******ed. But Canelo got the win and I give him credit for this fight.

Now all the other fights after are bogus. And to be on PPV just makes them worse.

Amir Khan, Liam Smith and Chavez Jr.

Definitely lower level competition and definitely not PPV worthy.

And now we have the Golovkin fight.
    Biggest fight of both mens careers, a fight at the highest level and a more than legitimate PPV.

As far as Canelo's accuracy and precision. I disagree. He's good to me in that department. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
    Last edited by The Time; 05-07-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

It does not matter. What is going to hurt him against GGG is lack of mobility. Canelo hits hard enough to make GGG respect him. Getting in range to hit him is going to be the real problem. Canelo looks to be about the same height and reach as lemieux, Canelo has more skill than Lemieux, but has slower legs. GGG should be able to dictate range, something he had a hard time doing with the taller Jacobs.

Canelo can sit back and wait for countering opportunities, but if GGG decides to go with his jab, Canelo is going to have a rough night.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        It does not matter. What is going to hurt him against GGG is lack of mobility. Canelo hits hard enough to make GGG respect him. Getting in range to hit him is going to be the real problem. Canelo looks to be about the same height and reach as lemieux, Canelo has more skill than Lemieux, but has slower legs. GGG should be able to dictate range, something he had a hard time doing with the taller Jacobs.

Canelo can sit back and wait for countering opportunities, but if GGG decides to go with his jab, Canelo is going to have a rough night.
        Agreed. I can't see Canelo, as the shorter man, getting past a GGG double jab and that awkward overhand right, nor has Canelo displayed the footwork to move like Jacobs did. If somehow Canelo has sufficient pop to make GGG think twice like he did with Chavez jr, he might make it interesting, but I don't see anything in Canelo's game right now that will be enough to dethrone GGG

Comment

I don't think Canelo's power will factor into the fight much. He will need to get enough respect, but he won't have enough to bottle up GGG and certainly not enough to do serious damage.

Comment

Also, don't talk down the chocolate brownie. Canelo has nothing like that in his arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
              Also, don't talk down the chocolate brownie. Canelo has nothing like that in his arsenal.
              That's crazy talk.

Comment

Probably but his power is massively overrated.

Comment

I'm a huge Canelo fan but his power isn't that a KO artist level, he has power but I don't think he's ever KO'ed a man his size other than Kirkland, that being said I'd give his power 8 or 8.5/10 but Golovkin either 9.5/10 or 10/10

Comment

Alvarez be riding horses like a Ferrari vs the most powerful Lil Debbie's chocolate 🍫 brownies

Comment

I'm really scared

Comment

Working...
                      X