Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Garcia Never Fought a True Welter, I Will Hurt Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    So basically you're describing Golovkin...
    They both have very high KO% but just look at who has the most early KO's? Thurman hasn't had an early KO in over 4 years.

I would say GGG hits harder than Matty? But Matty for such a small guy can crack. The guys with the most recent BAD @ss KO's are.

Mikey Garcia
    GGG
    Spence Jr.

Matty would be on a tier below them. And Thurman slightly below that. But BARELY more like a B+

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      Yeah, share with me the great fighters that Brook,Spence,and Crawford have beaten or sthu
      Probably the most important post in the thread.

Truthfully, we don't know who's better out of any of the top ww's until they step in the ring with each other. They've all gotten to where they've gotten by beating up the same guys for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
        Probably the most important post in the thread.

Truthfully, we don't know who's better out of any of the top ww's until they step in the ring with each other. They've all gotten to where they've gotten by beating up the same guys for the most part.
        Most would agree that Porter, Brook, Thurman, Spence are seasoned 147. Garcia hasn't fought a seasoned Welter. Guerrero is not, and his performances seemed to have bottled at this weight. I think Garcia vs Thurman is a great matchup for either fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          Most would agree that Porter, Brook, Thurman, Spence are seasoned 147. Garcia hasn't fought a seasoned Welter. Guerrero is not, and his performances seemed to have bottled at this weight. I think Garcia vs Thurman is a great matchup for either fighter.
          Seasoned doesn't mean better though. The reason they are more seasoned ww's than danny, is because they've been ww's their whole careers.

We know Brook and Thurman are better than Porter because they both beat him. As far as who's better between the title holders, we're basically stuck comparing common opponents.

I think it's great that thurman and garcia are fighting, as well as Spence and brook, because that's really the only way to find out who's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            I reckon Pacquiao will have his hands full with that Australian fella he's been avoiding like the plague. He's pretty much shot,lights are on nobody's home that type of thing. It would be awful for Arum to feed him to a young lion, absolutely terrible. I think both Golovkin and all those years of weight draining have ruined Brook,he'll be lucky to hold a respectable belt the rest of his career. Spence is another weight bully that's beat nothing but cans we'll have to see how his whiskers are before I can make a real observation.
            Paq wants money and easier fights. Brook is quite talented and could beat Spence. Spence might be great but who knows? Heck Crawford and Mikey and Lomo might be boxing's best bets this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              As I stated in previous threads I am not rooting for any particular fighter but rather just a great fight overall as this is the best scrap of 2017 but I can't help but feel Thurman is underestimating Garcia in this one.
              My own thoughts too!

I also don't see Thurman having that much of a size advantage nor the physical style that utilises it. Garcia is actually the more physical.

Comment

Working...
              X