Collapse
No announcement yet.

For my Boxing Brothers of the History Section: The Boxing Trivia Thunderdome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my Boxing Brothers of the History Section: The Boxing Trivia Thunderdome

The Boxing Trivia Thunderdome has arrived in the history section. My personal dream matches: Barnburner vs Ray Corso , IronDanHamza vs TBear and me vs anyone
    You don't know what I am talking about? Well, let me explain: The chatroom here would be the best place for a Boxing Trivia Thunderdome. Let's just say 2 friends want to compete against each other in the Trivia Thunderdome just for fun.
    Or another possible scenario: 2 Users disagree: let's say one guy says the Klitschkos are jokes and the other guy says the Klitschkos are All-Time-Greats. One guy could say: Let's settle this in the Boxing Trivia Thunderdome . -> All we need is a 3rd guy who is the referee and who has the Trivia Questions: For example "Who did Marvin Hagler face in his first unsuccessful try to win the Middleweight Championship of the World?" (Correct answer: Vito Antuofermo)
    I have Trivia Questions from today and from every other era. (Ali, Dempsey, Tyson, Holmes etc.)
    There are 2 possibilities: Either each of the opponents gets e.g. 10 Questions and at the end we see who answered more questions. (so each opponent has 10 DIFFERENT Questions).
    Or the question is posted in the chatroom (by the 3rd guy) and then the clock starts ticking (6 seconds) and whoever answers the question correctly first gets the point in that question.
    If anybody answer wrong within the time, the opponent still has the chance to answer correctly to get that point.
    I think giving more time than around 6 seconds to answer a question is wrong because people could cheat then.
    A fun way to "settle differences": To meet up in the Boxingscene Trivia Thunderdome a.k.a. the chatroom.
    I want to make a test with 2 guys today. Me and 2 test opponents will meet up in the chatroom, I will post questions and we will do a Test Trivia Thunderdome. I have around 100 good boxing history Trivia Questions (which I made myself and double checked them to make sure the answers are correct), some are easy, some are not so easy. (They are all random questions from all eras of boxing)
    Of course the 3rd guy (=referee) can be a mod, that doesn't matter really.
    If people are interested, I need 2 people who want to do the test Trivia right now, and they should just post in this thread here and say they want to participate. The first 2 who want to do it will enter the chatroom (by clicking here)
    And we will do a fun test Trivia contest.

Fun idea but the chat-room was not working last time I checked.

Also don't match me up with Irondan, he would humiliate me.
    So would a lot of people actually, there are quite a lot of gaps in my history knowledge.

Comment

Another thing;
      Us history folks are all get on well with each other. I doubt there would be any "difference-settling" necessary. It would all be for fun. I know you said that already though.

The people who end up not getting along with the other posters of this section are the people who don't know a lot, so the trivia contest would simply be a slaughter if it ever was to settle a beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Fun idea but the chat-room was not working last time I checked.

Also don't match me up with Irondan, he would humiliate me.
        So would a lot of people actually, there are quite a lot of gaps in my history knowledge.
        Chatroom works fine for me. Did you just try it? I have google Chrome Browser and I can access it without problems.
        Everybody has gaps in his history knowledge. I also have gaps. For example I don't care too much about the strawweight division or japanese fighters. No big deal, it is all for fun. I am pretty sure I would lose to quite some guys of this section in a Trivia contest. But it could also be fun, I don't care if I lose.
        Another thing;
        Us history folks are all get on well with each other. I doubt there would be any "difference-settling" necessary. It would all be for fun. I know you said that already though.

The people who end up not getting along with the other posters of this section are the people who don't know a lot, so the trivia contest would simply be a slaughter if it ever was to settle a beef.
        Yeah, let's not use it to settle a beef, but just to have a little fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          Chatroom works fine for me. Did you just try it? I have google Chrome Browser and I can access it without problems.
          Everybody has gaps in his history knowledge. I also have gaps. For example I don't care too much about the strawweight division or japanese fighters. No big deal, it is all for fun. I am pretty sure I would lose to quite some guys of this section in a Trivia contest. But it could also be fun, I don't care if I lose.

Yeah, let's not use it to settle a beef, but just to have a little fun.
          Yeah the crappy chat works but that has a weird time delay and the thing scrolls the wrong way, among other issues.

There used to be a flash chat that was top-notch but that's now gone.

Comment

Yeah the crappy chat works but that has a weird time delay and the thing scrolls the wrong way, among other issues.

There used to be a flash chat that was top-notch but that's now gone.
            I just tested it, I would say the delay is between 1 or 2 seconds, but no big deal. We could just say instead of 6 seconds everybody has 8 seconds to answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
              The Boxing Trivia Thunderdome has arrived in the history section. My personal dream matches: Barnburner vs Ray Corso , IronDanHamza vs TBear and me vs anyone
              You don't know what I am talking about? Well, let me explain: The chatroom here would be the best place for a Boxing Trivia Thunderdome. Let's just say 2 friends want to compete against each other in the Trivia Thunderdome just for fun.
              Or another possible scenario: 2 Users disagree: let's say one guy says the Klitschkos are jokes and the other guy says the Klitschkos are All-Time-Greats. One guy could say: Let's settle this in the Boxing Trivia Thunderdome . -> All we need is a 3rd guy who is the referee and who has the Trivia Questions: For example "Who did Marvin Hagler face in his first unsuccessful try to win the Middleweight Championship of the World?" (Correct answer: Vito Antuofermo)
              I have Trivia Questions from today and from every other era. (Ali, Dempsey, Tyson, Holmes etc.)
              There are 2 possibilities: Either each of the opponents gets e.g. 10 Questions and at the end we see who answered more questions. (so each opponent has 10 DIFFERENT Questions).
              Or the question is posted in the chatroom (by the 3rd guy) and then the clock starts ticking (6 seconds) and whoever answers the question correctly first gets the point in that question.
              If anybody answer wrong within the time, the opponent still has the chance to answer correctly to get that point.
              I think giving more time than around 6 seconds to answer a question is wrong because people could cheat then.
              A fun way to "settle differences": To meet up in the Boxingscene Trivia Thunderdome a.k.a. the chatroom.
              I want to make a test with 2 guys today. Me and 2 test opponents will meet up in the chatroom, I will post questions and we will do a Test Trivia Thunderdome. I have around 100 good boxing history Trivia Questions (which I made myself and double checked them to make sure the answers are correct), some are easy, some are not so easy. (They are all random questions from all eras of boxing)
              Of course the 3rd guy (=referee) can be a mod, that doesn't matter really.
              If people are interested, I need 2 people who want to do the test Trivia right now, and they should just post in this thread here and say they want to participate. The first 2 who want to do it will enter the chatroom (by clicking here)
              And we will do a fun test Trivia contest.

Not fair !!!!!, how could I possibly compete in boxing trivia from the early days against such titans of the genre as Mr SCTrojansbaby... gee, I better study hard.. XD : )

Comment

I challenge anyone to beat me on a trivia contest on Les Darcy or Eddie McGoorty or Jimmy Clabby........ the gauntlet has been thrown down !!!!

Comment

Only guy I won't take on about Jimmy Clabby is my mate, Jimmy Clabby, grandson of that classic fighter... Being a Clabby, I doubt I can take him.... maybe on Les but not the Jimmy.

Comment

But the questions aren't really hard. It's like this: if you have a good overview about boxing history, if you have the big picture, then you won't have problems with most of the questions. One (easy) question for example is "Who are the 'Fabulous 4'?"
                    I mean... not really hard as I said.

Comment

Working...
                    X