Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn confirms offers for Joshua fights:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can UNDERSTAND why wilder would want to fight fury rather than AJ next, because everyone thinking fury beat him.

However I won’t be able to UNDERSTAND if fury fights wilder at 60/40 when he can get AJ at 60/40, more belts, more money, biggest fight in British boxing history, easier fight according to Tyson fury himself, can stay in the uk to fight.

Comment

Random but just saw some of the interview and Hearn once AGAIN has Kugan come out for this Friday card that let's be real is not travel worthy...But of course states that he paid for Kugan's hotel.

What the hell is that? How do you expect him to ask tough questions and follow up with tough questions when the damn guy is paying for your hotel? Is this the norm in the UK or just happens with Kugan?

Comment

Hearn has lost his way. Dude needs to be the guy who used to promote in the media & make deals behind the scenes. Now he tries to make deals in the media & doesn't seem to promote Matchroom USA cards behind the scenes or maybe at all.

Hearn needs to take a break & reevaluate the things that got him where hes at. Dude has turned into a less effective Bob Arum lately. Sh^t is disappointing. I had high hopes for Matchroom USA & for the HW division being decided by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
          I can UNDERSTAND why wilder would want to fight fury rather than AJ next, because everyone thinking fury beat him.

However I won’t be able to UNDERSTAND if fury fights wilder at 60/40 when he can get AJ at 60/40, more belts, more money, biggest fight in British boxing history, easier fight according to Tyson fury himself, can stay in the uk to fight.
          ... Because Anthony Joshua is only Anthony Joshua because Tyson Fury knocked of Klitschko and threw Klitschko's three belts into flux.

Without Fury, you don't get the chance to get the IBF shot as quickly as Joshua did, the ball doesn't get rolling on the move to Showtime just yet, and things don't snowball the way they have (do you honestly think that the Warren-Hearn talks would've gone well?).

Why would Fury give up 60% knowing that?

Comment

I think with Wilder's offer Hearn has been perfect with it, Wilder's offers are reflection of the stages he was at. That fight not happening is due to Wilder overestimating his worth, nothing more nothing else, they couldn't offer Wilder 60/40 before the Ortiz fight because his market value was terrible, his resume was terrible, with Fury i think 60/40 is ok i don't see an issue with it, with Whyte he needs to respect his own fighters value, Whyte isn't just any other opponent, he had two of his own PPV now..

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Random but just saw some of the interview and Hearn once AGAIN has Kugan come out for this Friday card that let's be real is not travel worthy...But of course states that he paid for Kugan's hotel.

What the hell is that? How do you expect him to ask tough questions and follow up with tough questions when the damn guy is paying for your hotel? Is this the norm in the UK or just happens with Kugan?
              That happens all the time in boxing, moreover Kugan actually ask Hearn more questions (Tough ones) than he would ask any other promoter. Just because they have a friednly relationship doesn't mean he doesn;t ask those questions.

Do you think those guys at the LDBC community ask Finkle tough questions? Have you seen some of their interviews? They ask feeding questions that supports their own narrative, I saw an interview last week, where one of these LDBC was trying to convince Lou di bella that the 50m dollars money wasn't coming from BT sport....

Until Lou shut him down and told him? He was trying to get Lou to say the money from coming from Al.

Fact is boxing journalists get privileges from fighters, managers and promoters in this sport...Ask Fat Dan

Comment

40% to Wilder and Fury is a fantastic offer to both from AJ... The guy has 3 belts and a huge fanbase, the earning potential for both fights would be enormous

40% of AJ's money is a lot more than 60% against fury... plus its unification and a place in history

I'm sure he thinks he can finish Fury and probably kicks himself for not doing so the first time around.
                Incoming Wilder tweet about unfinished business etc etc

Wilder scared of AJ, that's the bottom line.

Comment

Hearn basically made Kugan. He helps him out all the time, they're friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    What's the source for this?

Dillian Whyte has already gone public with his offer being for less than what he got on the Chisora2 fight, so will take the rest of this with a grain of salt.

Beyond that, Fury set his initial ask at 60% of the pot, so being offered 40% needs to be seen for what it is too.
                    At work so will post source in a bit if no one else has but one of the interviews at the press conference for this weeks fight. He said it in a couple of interviews

Comment

Do you watch the interveiws? He does make Eddie squirm some times for instance when Eddie said a US show was sold out and it wasn't and Eddie has asked why he gets grilled way more than the likes of Warren.

Think they're mates so Kugan gets away with doing more probing to get better veiws on his channel and Eddie goes along with the no publicity is bad publicity stance.

Comment

Working...
                      X