Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this slavery? Judge orders federal workers must report to work unpaid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think certain guys gotta show up, like air traffic controllers and other essential personnel.

Comment

of course its slavery. "slave" doesnt only apply to picking cotton 200 years ago. sht in some states the minimum wage is $7.25, I'd say that's slavery too. these workers need to all stop showing up to work at once. they can't fire everybody. or just keep faking being sick like thousands are doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        I think certain guys gotta show up, like air traffic controllers and other essential personnel.
        the last thing you wanna deal with is a stressed out air traffic controller lol. if this shutdown persists i see riots and deaths coming.

Comment

They can receive unemployment benefits those who don’t apply are stupid . They also get all their back pay so you see they are still going to get paid . Seems to me Julia is a Snowflake Far Leftist Communist Pig

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Does that make me a slave until every other Friday?
            "14 Days A Slave" starring GGG Gloveking

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              They can receive unemployment benefits those who don’t apply are stupid . They also get all their back pay so you see they are still going to get paid . Seems to me Julia is a Snowflake Far Leftist Communist Pig
              This but you wont hear this in the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                By definition, if you are being forced to work without pay, isn't that slavery?

"The plaintiffs in the case argued that being forced to work without pay is against the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery. They also asked that the judge prevent them from being retaliated against for not showing up to work and asked them to allow workers the ability to find other means of income while they are not being paid."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...rtial-shutdown
                No one is forcing them to work. They can quit, but we know people aren't giving up them gravy jobs. If it has any similarities to anything it would be indentured servitude, but only a month or two versus 7 years.

Comment

Didn't know slaves got back pay later

Comment

Trump is holding Americans hostage, thats exactly what is going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      Trump is holding Americans hostage, thats exactly what is going on here.
                      Yeah its all Trumps fault. Dems on Vaca is really helping settle this. Dems are now like the Chinese.

Comment

Working...
                      X