Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try reading this

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...llion-contract

jordan...greatest player ever made 94 mil in salary over 15 years

this kid, that most people in the US dont even know, made more than half of it in one contract...lol...nowhere near the level of jordan either

this is why big boys dont box over here anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      many former nfl players have actually killed themselves from head trauma issues.....there are more former nfl players that suffer from brain problems/injuries than former fighters

you UK sillynannies are clueless

the money shifted in american sports awhile back and thats when you saw a major dropoff in the US Heavies

in the 90s LT, the most feared defensive player in the NFL, made less than 2 mil a year

now what were bowe holyfield and tyson pulling in during that time?

now its shifted...basketball players make crazy money....plus sneaker deals...and nfl guys make realllly good money and have sponsorship deals with athletic apparell brands

its become harder and harder to make real good money in boxing in the US...its easy to get it in basketball, baseball and football

anyway...we'll see whos inferior if your boy hearn ever grows a nutsack

we are inferior to no one
      Born and raised in the united states. Kids dont grow up picking a sport based on how much money it makes. They choose based on what they love to play. Try again You’re 0 fer 2.

Comment

Every kid in Europe (and pretty much everywhere else) grows up wanting and trying to be a footballer, even the pro boxers say the wanted to be footballers first. Imagine if boxing was a tiny fraction as popular as football and all those kids tried to get into boxing instead of football.

Comment

Originally posted by CleneloAlvaroid View Post
          Born and raised in the united states. Kids dont grow up picking a sport based on how much money it makes. They choose based on what they love to play. Try again You’re 0 fer 2.
          no they dont

you are completely clueless

for instance...take a look at a guy like joe mauer....or jeff samardija

now samardzija actually had a college football career and could have been drafted in the nfl...he chose baseball because he knew that a slightly above average major league pitcher could make between 10-15 mil a year.....which is what he makes and what he is.......as opposed to being a 3rd round pick in the nfl and making 600k a year till your first contract is up

joe mauer had a scholarship to florida state to play qb...the glamour position in american football....but he knew he was a safer bet in baseball and it was easier on his body....he did well in baseball and made about 200 million...because he knew he was better at it

kids dont pick based on what they love...they pick based on what their good at...and when they are good at multiple sports(like many american HS athletes) they choose the one they feel they have a better chance to make the most money in

0 for 2 huh? lol....you are clueless

Comment

no they dont

you are completely clueless

for instance...take a look at a guy like joe mauer....or jeff samardija

now samardzija actually had a college football career and could have been drafted in the nfl...he chose baseball because he knew that a slightly above average major league pitcher could make between 10-15 mil a year.....which is what he makes and what he is.......as opposed to being a 3rd round pick in the nfl and making 600k a year till your first contract is up

joe mauer had a scholarship to florida state to play qb...the glamour position in american football....but he knew he was a safer bet in baseball and it was easier on his body....he did well in baseball and made about 200 million...because he knew he was better at it

kids dont pick based on what they love...they pick based on what their good at...and when they are good at multiple sports(like many american HS athletes) they choose the one they feel they have a better chance to make the most money in

0 for 2 huh? lol....you are clueless
            I guess Im clueless then. I never realized that college athletes were kids or children. They dont choose the sport they love based on how much money it makes. They dont understand or care about stufff like that. All they know is what they like to play, so they grow up playing that sport as much as possible. Some get very good at it and move on to high school teams. Then, if they excel at that level, college or pros.
            Last edited by Vasyl’s dad; 03-10-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

many former nfl players have actually killed themselves from head trauma issues.....there are more former nfl players that suffer from brain problems/injuries than former fighters

you UK sillynannies are clueless

the money shifted in american sports awhile back and thats when you saw a major dropoff in the US Heavies

in the 90s LT, the most feared defensive player in the NFL, made less than 2 mil a year

now what were bowe holyfield and tyson pulling in during that time?

now its shifted...basketball players make crazy money....plus sneaker deals...and nfl guys make realllly good money and have sponsorship deals with athletic apparell brands

its become harder and harder to make real good money in boxing in the US...its easy to get it in basketball, baseball and football

anyway...we'll see whos inferior if your boy hearn ever grows a nutsack

we are inferior to no one
              You're good at swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                Every kid in Europe (and pretty much everywhere else) grows up wanting and trying to be a footballer, even the pro boxers say the wanted to be footballers first. Imagine if boxing was a tiny fraction as popular as football and all those kids tried to get into boxing instead of football.
                There are so many footballers I'd have loved to have been boxers. Not because I think they'd be any good but because I'd like to see them get chinned.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Would he have beaten prime Wlad?
                  What do you think?

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest he would.

If he goes on to beat Joshua than I'll have my reservations.

but as of now, I'm not convinced.

He's too sloppy and wild. Prime Wlad had much faster feet and would have set him up pretty easily.

But dmn Wilder has some dynamite in that right hand.

Comment

More opportunities in the NBA and NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                      What do you think?

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest he would.

If he goes on to beat Joshua than I'll have my reservations.

but as of now, I'm not convinced.

He's too sloppy and wild. Prime Wlad had much faster feet and would have set him up pretty easily.

But dmn Wilder has some dynamite in that right hand.
                      Me too. I doubt he would have defeated Wlad. I got your PM. I just haven't got the time go do the research yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X