Collapse
No announcement yet.

More exciting fighter Mayweather or Wladamir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad is horrible to watch, Floyd is not...simple.

Wlad has no defensive skill or technique whatsoever, which is why he has to grab and bear hug, he has to grab the other fighters arms or pull him down, because he does not know how to slip or block punches. He uses his feet to either move back, or grabs. When he throws a punch and misses, again he grabs, if he didn't he leaves himself open to a counter, because again he does not know how to move after throwing a punch, or doesn't know how to get his hands up and parry a punch, so he falls in. I find this style extremely difficult to watch, he should have been disqualified in some fights, honestly.

He obviously does a hell of a lot things well, and is majorly difficult to beat, but those are his weaknesses, and to be honest, if he had been fighting in the previous era with Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, etc. These weakness would have got exposed, as those are some extremely strong and skilful big men.

That is my take and nothing would convince me otherwise. Vitali has dominated this era of heavyweights in a similar fashion to Wlad, albeit with not as much gloss, but in my opinion a much better fighter to watch. You saw what happened when Vitali fought Lewis, even though he did really well and was ahead, it was an extremely violent fight, high contact. Can you see Wlad living in a fight like that with Lewis? My answer is no, I don't think he would last 4 rounds. Could he dominate Lewis on the end of a jab and outbox him without taking any punishment? Again my answer is no. Could he land and get a big shot in first and get the KO? Yes, this in my opinion would be his best chance, but I don't think it is a good one, or realistic.

Comment

Klitschko-Povetkin is the ONLY fight that I find less exciting than a Mayweather fight.

Comment

Mayweather better display of skills. Wald hugs too much for me but there is always that aspect he might get clipped and go. But that goes for both fighters.

Btw nice comeback thread for Floyd getting ****ted on for being boring in the other thread are you this loyal and consistent in all aspects of life or just with Floyd ?

We should put Larry's picture up on the menu options he fights for Floyd harder then Floyd does himself.

Comment

Both guys are pretty boring but I voted for Mayweather.

Ever since Wladimir lost to Lamon Brewster and gassed out he lost his excitement he became so safety first and holds a lot, trying to maintain his stamina so he doesn't gas out again. Before the Brewster fight he was different more of a killer instinct to excite with KO's.

Wlad gets KO's but they are boring leading up to them he gets the KO but the fight is uneventful until that point. Wlad is probably the most boring KO artist of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Guerrero is a 6 time world champion in four weightclasses, he's certainly better than the UPS driver Vlad fought recently who nobody had even heard of.

Put Floyd's last 5 opponents up against Vlad's and damn near everybody would agree Floyd fought the tougher opposition.
            Oh stop it all those black Americans that Wlad knock out you would consider them all time greats if Wlad didn't exist

Comment

Wladimir is almost unwatchable. If he was not the heavyweight champion of the world, them he would be completely unwatchable.

Comment

Mayweather by a fair margin.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Floyd all day.

Wladimir is so boring to watch it's unreal. Foul after foul against usually sub-par opponents.

Floyd has skills and generally shows them against top opponents.
                  You mean his ducking skills...Floyd does sure generally shows the against top opponents.

Comment

Both are pretty boring, but wlad is the worst. The guy is pretty unwatchable to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Wlad has a physical advantage over every boxer that he fights while Floyd is undersized the majority of the time. Still Floyd will exchange with his opponents and put his chin at risk.
                      Who's fault is that? He could not work out and get fat like a lot of the heavies from past and present. Floyd is not undersized the majority of times, sure he has had fights where some advantages are in favor of the other guy but draining an opponent like Canelo pretty much evens it out.
                      Floyd rarely exchanges with his opponent. Da Fuck! Now if you are talking about the younger Floyd, then yea, but so did Wlad.

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                      Wladimir is almost unwatchable. If he was not the heavyweight champion of the world, them he would be completely unwatchable.
                      Originally posted by One more round View Post
                      Both are pretty boring, but wlad is the worst. The guy is pretty unwatchable to be honest.
                      Yet he fills up stadiums and gets many viewers on the network they show his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X