Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford is Best Welterweight Since Sugar Ray Leonard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum said the same about Floyd. Hypocrite

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Arum said the same about Floyd. Hypocrite
      He also said the same thing about Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Thank God, he didn't call him the new Ali. That would have been the third/fourth fighters that i can remember Arum calling the new Ali.
        Good post.

Same thoughts here!
        Green K sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          "Crawford's the best welterweight since Sugar Ray Leonard; he'd be comparable or maybe even a slight favourite against Sugar Ray Leonard." - Bob Arum

Well, that's Bob! Hasn't seen him with anyone like Duran, Benitez, Hearn, or Hagler, but yeah, he's better than SRL! Very Disrespectful!
          This guy has no shame. I'm a Crawford fan, but I don't wanna try whatever Arum is smoking. Crawford isn't even the best welter right now (although skillwise he is). Spence is.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Before he can be compared with Spence and Thurman , talk less of Sugar Ray. Maybe he meant sugar Shane Mosley?
            hahahahaha....I am sure he erred

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
              This guy has no shame. I'm a Crawford fan, but I don't wanna try whatever Arum is smoking. Crawford isn't even the best welter right now (although skillwise he is). Spence is.
              Arum is like school in the summertime...NO CLASS! Lol! That's that ol' Fat Albert ish right there!

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                There is no award for the generation or era but there is a FIGHTER OF THE DECADE award where pac won it by a landslide and no one came close.
                Yes he did but we discussed that. His winning that is like Karl Malone and Steve Nash winning NBA MVP. Jordan is superior to Malone. Kobe is superior to Nash. Floyd is superior to Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
                  FFS stop bringing up Pac's name in every welter conversation. Beating today's Manny doesn't get you anywhere, he is past his prime. Talk current champs
                  Pacquiao, even this declined version, is still a top 5 welterweight. To say that beating an aging all-time great doesn't get you anywhere is ridiculous.

Tyson KO'd an aging Holmes - it raised his profile! When de la Hoya beat an aging Chavez it raised his profile! When Trinidad beat an aging Sweet Pea it raised his profile! The examples in boxing are endless of the the younger fighter beating the aging champion or former champion; and each time it raises the fighter's profile and standing

Comment

Well I wouldn’t say 100 years, because we saw what Henry Armstrong did and a few others but yeah, PAC had an amazing run that will be hard to reach... DARE TO BE GREAT is what he did, and PAC earned it.

Comment

Your ignorance is hilarious,
                      PAC is the Greatest of the Decade 2000-2010 when both PAC and Floyd were in their respective Prime. The difference is that PAC dared to be great and fought waaaay more HOF caliber fighters who were IN PRIME and he won more impressively.
                      Your Malone and Jordan analogy is ridiculous because guess what, Jordan didn’t get to pick and choose his opponents and Jordan didn’t punk out of facing the toughest IN PRIME competition like Floyd has done since 2006.

Comment

Working...
                      X