Collapse
No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been telling people this for a while, the US is.probably the most corrupt place for boxing now. Always makes me laugh when the yanks start saying about UK hometown decisions , some of the ones they've churned out over the years have been atrocious and they are getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
      I noticed that too, I had Ortiz up on the scorecards along with the commentary team. Also the way the ref called the Doc in the check Wilder after he was hurt was fishy, should of done that between rounds but they waited until the round started to call him in and gave him more time to recover.
      LOL I forgot about the doc thing. I was livid at that. The doc should have checked him in between rounds, the ref shouldnt be stopping the fight at that point.

It was real fishy, Im just glad Wilder got the stoppage.

Comment

Ofcourse they were, Bum Squad is a cash cow so there's no way he's taking a L. Andre Ward x2 tought us that.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          It hasn’t happened recently in the U.K for a big fight but it happens a lot there too even though I will agree judges are easy bought in the US and they keep doing it cause they arnt held accountable and keep getting fights.
          It hasnt happened in any major fight in the UK for a long, long time, not as consistently anyway. Heck, when Germany can get its act together, you know there are serious problems in the US and the various bodies involved (sanctioning bodies, state commissions, promoters and tv channels).

So, your point about it happening everywhere isnt true and I'm glad you admitted it, unlike others.

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          Been telling people this for a while, the US is.probably the most corrupt place for boxing now. Always makes me laugh when the yanks start saying about UK hometown decisions , some of the ones they've churned out over the years have been atrocious and they are getting worse.
          Me too man, I even made a thread about it. I mean the odd bad decision happens but when big fight after big fights becomes predictable and you know the house fighter is going to have a round or 2 advantage even before the fight starts.

It is seriously getting out of hand.

Comment

Ortiz was clearly ahead..

all this "the first four round nothing happened" crap is just that, crap.

there are four criterias for scoring pro boxing. clean effective punching, ring generalship, defense and effective aggression.

if you look at all those criterias, in other words score correctly, it was perfectly clear Ortiz was winning. maybe you could give one to wilder, but it would be a stretch to do so imo.

Ortiz should have been comfortably ahead on all cards.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              Ortiz was clearly ahead..
              Sometimes you have to be really close to the ring to truly detect how powerful the blows are. Granted, I had Ortiz up by one going into the 9th, but if someone flipped the 3rd or 4th to Wilder, I'd have no problem with that.

When I got back to my hotel and put on the west coast replay and saw Farhood gave the first four to Ortiz, I was surprised. Wilder did more damage in the 2nd round for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                He was 1 round up on all scorecards. The truth of the matter is we don't know what was going to happen. Let's not act like the first 4 or so rounds were all Ortiz. He was dictating the pace but neither was landing anything really outside of jabs. Judges split those rounds up if i'm not mistaken. I had Ortiz up though myself
                Ortiz was down in the second round from a jab.

10:8 round for Wilder.

Comment

Wilder was robbed of a knock down in Round 2

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                    Ortiz was down in the second round from a jab.

10:8 round for Wilder.
                    Forgot they missed that as well

Comment

Ortiz was easily ahead, would have been really bad for the game had this fight ended up going to judges scores based on how they had it. The worse thing was it wasn’t an individual judge but all three?

It brings into question why we had two American judges really? I think for big fights like this they really should have as a minimum: 1 neutral, 1 from each nationality, but preferably three neutrals.

Comment

Working...
                      X