Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Just saw Joseph Parker has been included in the top 10 heavyweights according to Ring Magazine.

I honestly only recognize 1 name on his resume, this Irineu Costa who's pretty much the guy British level guys are fighting on their way up.

That's it.

Looking at Hughie Fury, he's been in with some recognizable gatekeepers. Danny hughes, Rudenko, Arias (who took Pulev the distance) and Dominic Guinn who fought everyone.

How the hell is Joseph Parker ahead of Hughie in the rankings?

On top of that, Hughie is a world amateur champion and has more fights than Parker.

What do you think?

It is a bit ridiculous. Neither man deserves to be there yet. If Parker disposes of Takam he'll be catapulted into the rankings, and deservedly so, but it's no sure thing he gets past the Frenchman.

Comment

Parker has clearly fought better opposition
      take away rudenko and all the rest of them had 10+ losses.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Parker has clearly fought better opposition
        take away rudenko and all the rest of them had 10+ losses.
        Like who? Who did he fight?

The guys he has fought didn't fight anyone, so they might have good records but I could build up a good record fighting Mexican roadsweepers as well.

Similar to Marc de Mori.

The guys Hughie has fought and also with Fred Kassi announced today, these guys are solid gatekeepers.

Also, why take away Rudenko? He's by far the best win on either record so of course it should stay

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Like who? Who did he fight?

The guys he has fought didn't fight anyone, so they might have good records but I could build up a good record fighting Mexican roadsweepers as well.

Similar to Marc de Mori.

The guys Hughie has fought and also with Fred Kassi announced today, these guys are solid gatekeepers.

Also, why take away Rudenko? He's by far the best win on either record so of course it should stay
          You misunderstand buddy. I said if you take away Rudenko from his resume, then there is literally nothing there.

Parker has fought a load of bum's too.
          They just happen to be better bum's and ex champions /contenders..

Comment

You misunderstand buddy. I said if you take away Rudenko from his resume, then there is literally nothing there.

Parker has fought a load of bum's too.
            They just happen to be better bum's and ex champions /contenders..
            But why should I take away Rudenko? I don't get that logic.

Which contenders did Parker fight? Must have missed it, because I don't recognize a single fighter on his resume.

Comment

But why should I take away Rudenko? I don't get that logic.

Which contenders did Parker fight? Must have missed it, because I don't recognize a single fighter on his resume.
              Ok, let me re-phrase it for you, he has 1 half decent name on his resume.

parker has a few...you don't know who Francis botha is? Kali meehan?
              Weird.

And yes they were old and shot before you point the obvious out.

Comment

Ok, let me re-phrase it for you, he has 1 half decent name on his resume.

parker has a few...you don't know who Francis botha is? Kali meehan?
                Weird.

And yes they were old and shot before you point the obvious out.
                Yes I know those guys. Fighting 50 year olds i obviously nothing to bring up. But I'll put them on the same level as Dominic Guinn for the sake of it.

So Hughie still has Rudenko. I was live for Rudenko's fight with Browne, and honestly thought he won that fight.

So I'm still struggling to see how Parker has fought better opposition than hughie and that's my question.

You said he fought better opposition, so who are better than Arias, Rudenko, Danny Hughes etc? I just don't see it.

Comment

Yes I know those guys. Fighting 50 year olds i obviously nothing to bring up. But I'll put them on the same level as Dominic Guinn for the sake of it.

So Hughie still has Rudenko. I was live for Rudenko's fight with Browne, and honestly thought he won that fight.

So I'm still struggling to see how Parker has fought better opposition than hughie and that's my question.

You said he fought better opposition, so who are better than Arias, Rudenko, Danny Hughes etc? I just don't see it.
                  You want to have a debate about journeymen, and for that reason.. im out

Comment

Parker will beat and molest Takam

Comment

Working...
                    X