Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for another DAZN price hike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they charge $50.00 people here are fickle and would still pay.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
      What is your criteria for calling Farmer vs Carroll and Sulecki vs Rosado weak?

Sulecki vs Rosado was one of the best action fights this year imo.
      I wasnt consistent because i put ruiz vs joshua as good.

But when a fight somehow ends up more competitive than anticipated, it doesnt make up for the fact that it was a fight between a solid contender and the guy who is tough but loses every big fight. Just my opinion.

GGG vs inactive martirosyan for example is a bad fight even if martirosyan had suddenly fought the fight of his life and made the fight competitive and entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If you know all that I'd assume you'd understand there is a learning curve with people adopting new technology/options with something like DAZN & ESPN+.

When Amazon first come on the scene they were losing money left & right & only selling books ffs. Now they are among the biggest companies in the world & sell f#cking everything.

You just don't go 0 to 60. Its ALWAYS a slow start with a new ent^ty specifically when its taken up in a opposing sphere/marketplace that people are fully acquainted with.
        How good of a job is DAZN doing with ease of access & customer education?

You keep comparing companies with loads of content to DAZN. It's a bad comparison. Amazon started selling books but the same books Barnes & Noble had could also be sold on Amazon for cheaper. DAZN can't show the same fights as ESPN or PBC. Netflix came on the scene and could ship you the same DVD's as Blockbuster had. Now Netflix is running into the same problem as DAZN. With companies like Disney pulling their content from Netflix. Now Netflix has to come up with original content. That's why they've had to raise their price also.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          How good of a job is DAZN doing with ease of access & customer education?
          Like I've said a million times its a long game being played. HBO was on 9hrs a day or some sh^t when it first came to be. They showed Smokey & the Bandit like 8 times a day. Netflix used to mail mfers their movies. If you think DAZN today is DAZN 12 months from today or 5 years from today you are being silly. This sh^t takes time. It was reasonable to give PBC a couple years to figure some sh^t out. Somehow you don't think its reasonable for an ent^ty making bigger more drastic moves a couple years to figure sh^t out.

You keep comparing companies with loads of content to DAZN. It's a bad comparison. Amazon started selling books but the same books Barnes & Noble had could also be sold on Amazon for cheaper. DAZN can't show the same fights as ESPN or PBC. Netflix came on the scene and could ship you the same DVD's as Blockbuster had. Now Netflix is running into the same problem as DAZN. With companies like Disney pulling their content from Netflix. Now Netflix has to come up with original content. That's why they've had to raise their price also.
          You keep forgetting your history & sure nothings 100% the same, but there are elements of similar sh^t with anyone throwing a curve ball to the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
            Will you keep the service if a hike does takes place?

If you have it, of course
            Considering I'm a casual fan by this point, I will just keep subscribing on months there is a big fight or multiple good fights as long as the price doesn't go way up

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
              Considering I'm a casual fan by this point, I will just keep subscribing on months there is a big fight...
              More casual fans will just find the pirate streams. (Dana White said he was going to prosecute streams and torrents out of existence. The pirates won.)

Even more casual or patient fans will watch the fight the next day or two on YouTube, saving themselves the bore of bad prelims, prolonged "enter the ring" nonsense and the singing of national anthems.

Joshua-Ruiz actually got headlines off the sports page, but Canelo doesn't. They over-spent on him and some others , and it's a big gamble that they'll pick up a huge number of new subscribers over several years to pay for their folly.

Comment

Working...
              X