Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jarrett Hurd risking brain injury with his fighting style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jarrett Hurd risking brain injury with his fighting style?

Surely it cannot be healthy to take 50 to 100+ power punches flush every single fight? I get that he is tough and has a granite chin, but this is no good for his long term health. At what point does it become, "If you can't learn to defend yourself, you may as well retire?" Another 3 or 4 years of consistently getting pounded in the face and head and this guy is going to be a vegetable.

He needs to stop fighting african style (come forward with hands down punching bag) and switch it up to mexican style ala canelo(come forward with slick boxing, head and waist movement, hit and not get hit)

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      He needs to stop fighting african style (come forward with hands down punching bag) and switch it up to mexican style ala canelo(come forward with slick boxing, head and waist movement, hit and not get hit)
      African style? What in the hell does that mean? Sounds like you're bringing race into this.

Every fighter has their own style Hurd is a classic brawler, but that doesn't classify as African like you so oddly chose to go with. Canelo wasn't always that slick either damn sure isn't Mexican style you fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaccey View Post
        African style? What in the hell does that mean? Sounds like you're bringing race into this.

Every fighter has their own style Hurd is a classic brawler, but that doesn't classify as African like you so oddly chose to go with. Canelo wasn't always that slick either damn sure isn't Mexican style you fool.
        so many degenerates like lizard man on this forum, it´s just sad how you can be this dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by Quaccey View Post

Passive swipe at Jacobs who called his style African when pressed by journos for the Canelo fight. Was meant to say African-American because he listed AA fighters but came out with African, in response to Mexican style GGG-Canelo questions

Comment

With lessor opponents Hurd was able to take a lot of shots without being phased. Against Julian Williams, he took way too many crisp flush powerful shots to the head and body. If Hurd doesn’t drastically change his style and find some defense then he probably won’t have a long career.

Comment

Hurd has been relying on size/durability in his past 4-5 fights, which has led to regression. When I first saw him against Galarza in 2015, I was impressed with his skill and poise. Once he stepped up his opposition, he's looked more and more like a brawler. I think the weight-draining has something to do with it.

Comment

I like Hurd and his style is fun to watch but yeah, needs to switch it up a little.

Comment

He will get hurt the more he fights guys his size

Comment

Bashed up eyes, two bad cuts, broken nose, lips swollen, mouth cut up, but he got elite whiskers doe!

Comment

Working...
                    X