No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia FULL Puerto Rican?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Danny Garcia FULL Puerto Rican?

muchos Boricuas de la isla dicen que Danny no es Boricua de verdad, pero todos los Newyoricans/PhillyRicans dicen que si es porque tiene la sangre aunque no hable espanol y nunca a visitado la Isla, which is why I made this thread I want to get both perspectives the Island Puerto Ricans and the Newyoricans/PhillyRicans

I've always said that if you're a Mexican American you're not fully Mexican unless you embrace your Mexican culture. Which is why I consider Margarito full Mexican. Just like I consider Mikey full Mexican. They both speak spanish, they embrace their Mexican side and wear the flag proudly. On the other hand a pocho like Alvarado who rarely sports a Mexican flag, comes out to rap music and doesn't know a word of spanish is just part Mexican... same goes for Ortiz and Guerrero.

I consider Cotto full Puerto Rican despite not being born in in La Isla because he lets everyone know he's from Puerto Rico, he comes out to Puerto Rican music, he wears the flag proudly, he visits the island all the time and he speaks Spanish. Garcia on the other hand, doesn't visit the island, comes out with grills and rap music, rarely displays the flag if ever and doesn't speak a word of Spanish. He did visit the PR parade though, but I think he's mainly doing it to get fans like when Lara was sporting the Mexican flag.

So what do you guys think? Is Danny full Rican?
    No he isn't
    62.22%
    Yes he is
    37.78%

Pues yo, como Mexicano nacido en California, considero Garcia Puertorriqueno.. Tiene la sangre y sea como sea es eso, aunque le guste o no. Prefiero que Garcia sea considerado Latino que ni Americano, que los puto gueros nomas quieren llamar Latinos nacidos aqui "Americano" cuando les combienen.

He does need to start showing it more though, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Comment

No, Garcia es Americano.

Margarito es Americano, Oscar De La Hoya es Americano...entiendes? Eres de donde naciste.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        No, Garcia es Americano.

Margarito es Americano, Oscar De La Hoya es Americano...entiendes? Eres de donde naciste.
        Margarito is the only pocho i support bc he even though he was born here he lived in mexico most of his life. He barely speaks english and embraces mexico. But fck oscar, vargas, garcia, rios, alvardo and so on

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
          Pues yo, como Mexicano nacido en California, considero Garcia Puertorriqueno.. Tiene la sangre y sea como sea es eso, aunque le guste o no. Prefiero que Garcia sea considerado Latino que ni Americano, que los puto gueros nomas quieren llamar Latinos nacidos aqui "Americano" cuando les combienen.

He does need to start showing it more though, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.
          That there says a lot.

I'll elaborate on my thoughts on this later maybe.

Comment

No, not even close, maybe if he learned the language he would be more accepted by the Bori's but he needs to try harder, instead of rap he should come out to some reggaeton to get the younger PR fanbase on his side, i don't think the older PR's will ever accept him as one of their own.

Comment

the poll is very one sided

Comment

aubrey plaza is more puerto rican than him

Comment

He is as Puerto Rican as Cameron Diaz is Cuban or Selena Gomez being Mexican. Plus he is half Puerto Rican descent because his mother is Anglo.
                  It does not matter where you are born but you have to embrace a certain cultures values and norms to be part of that culture.

You can be full Ethnic Mexican like Mark Sanchez or Mario Lopez, meaning that they come from direct Mexican lines, but they will not be accepted into that culture if they do not follow the custom and values.

You can be third or fourth generation Mexican-American and not speak a single word of Spanish, eat tortillas or follow any Mexican traditions and still be Ethnic Mexican but you are no longer culturally Mexican. But If you are third or fourth generation Mexican- American and try to speak Spanish, eat tortillas or Mexican foods, and consider yourself full Mexican, then you are a full Mexican, Ethnically and Culturally.

**** all that about Nationality, especially here in the United States, they don't consider you a full American unless you are white, they call us Mexican-American.

I feel sorry for the idiots who try to act all white and turn their back on their Mexican roots because at the end of the day, secretly, their white friends, co-workers, and bosses still consider them Mexicans
                  Last edited by RIZO24; 11-12-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                    No, Garcia es Americano.

So if a full blooded black couple move to China and happen to have a child there, the child would be Chinese?

I understand you guys are trolling, but on a serious note...I think it's important to understand the difference between race, nationality and culture.

Mikey Garcia, Antonio Margarito, Oscar De Lahoya are all 100% Mexican race. Meaning their parents are from Mexico and where there blood line comes from.

Culturally, Margarito is mostly Mexican as he was raised in Tijuana. Oscar would be mostly be Mexican/American by culture because he was raised in Los Angeles by Mexican parents.

Nationality is strictly where you are born, but being born in the U.S means nothing other than what passport you have. In reality, it's your blood and culture that matter more.

Mikey Garcia's brother, and father have raised them as Mexicans. They listen to Mexican music, partake in Mexican culture and their father doesn't even speak English.

So it's NOT where you are born, but what blood and culture you carry. There's a reason Mikey comes in the ring with a Mexican flag.

As far as Danny Garcia, I don't really know how Puerto Rican he is culturally. It seems to me like he's very American, inner city Philly kid.
                    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 11-12-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X