Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there been another fighter in history...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    Nope...Can't think of any. Manny is the only fighter to ever in the history of the game to do so...

The thing that kills me about this site sometimes is, when cats that do know about the sport (like the TS, cause he has proved he does), all of a sudden have total brain lock...

Acting as if they have not seen the progression in Pac-Mans game.. It is there!! Most seem to forget only cause of the JMM fights. That is the only reason. Most of the folks that were following Pac career, or had seen him for a while knew he was a one handed buzzsaw...Then as Roach started to mold him, he started to use the right hand alot more, his movement became alot better, not to mention he wasn't just throwing punches for the **** of it! His game became more refined! Funny thing is, Pac improvement wasn't sudden...

Most know this, but still choose to hate.

Im sorry but I don't buy that, And if you still believe it then I can link you to a video before the JMM rematch where Roach says "Manny was just a one handed fighter back then, He is more well rounded now with a new right hook called the "Manila Ice". These arent made up, It was the quote right from Roach's mouth. He said Pacquiao would do better in the rematch but it didnt happen. Marquez beat up Pacquiao even worse than the first fight and got robbed.

The "one handed" excuse doesnt fly. I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
      Marvin fucking Hagler
      Marvin Hagler got brutally KTFO'd by bums?

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        Im sorry but I don't buy that, And if you still believe it then I can link you to a video before the JMM rematch where Roach says "Manny was just a one handed fighter back then, He is more well rounded now with a new right hook called the "Manila Ice". But then what happened in the rematch? There was no difference at all, If anything Marquez beat him up even worse.

The "one handed" excuse doesnt fly. I'm sorry.
        So your mind is made up then? There is clearly nothing anyone can tell you in your topic on the matter...

You should have just stated that to begin with. I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Comment

Its not possible without the aid of medical technology.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
            I think it has a lot to do with Pac gaining experience and finding a great trainer to take him to that next level.
            The great trainer/match-maker definetly helped him!

But he had the same "great" trainer when Morales whooped him...

Comment

Manny Pacquiao is like the light-hitting, skinny infielder who all of a sudden beefs up and hits 50 homers.

We all know the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                Its not possible without the aid of medical technology.
                I'm really surprised it took till the third page for this to come up....

Comment

in all honesty bro?......................nope! but no one sees it cause his fans dont know boxing.all they see is the icing not the filling.
                  Last edited by Team Vitaminas; 07-10-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I'm not saying he wasnt still a good fighter, He beat Sasakul for the WBC belt but he was getting outboxed before the KO and then got KO'd by Singsurat. I give him credit for beating Barrera but shortly after that he got outboxed badly by Marquez and then beaten up by Erik Morales. But then all of a sudden he moved up to 135, 140, 147 and just started walking through everyone. Of course the Morales fight would have made him train harder, But I dont buy the fact that you can go from being knocked around by Oscar Larios, Marquez and Morales and then just move up and destroy guys that are much bigger than you.

Pacquiao wasnt even a serious puncher at 130 but now at 147 it's like he has huge power. Iv'e never heard of this happen either, When guys move up in weight they always struggle to maintain their power. Wheras Pacquiao just started killing everyone.
                    The losses Pac suffered early in his career were growing pains. It speaks well for a fighter to win under tough circumstances against an elite opponent just as much as it does for him to dominate the guy. And he paid the price for struggling on the scales in his Singsurat loss.

The first Marquez and Morales fights were crucial to his development. As long as you learn from it and improve afterwards, it's good for a fighter to literally be taught a boxing lesson. He learned in those fights left hand bombs will only go so far against world class comp. Pac worked on his boxing more and got better after those fights. And though it was decisive, the first Morales fight was still very close.

And I always say Pac's power is severely overrated. He iced Hatton with the kind of punch that would ice anyone. Those KO's just happen sometimes. It took 9 rounds of battering for Diaz to fall. 8 rounds for Oscar. 12 rounds for Cotto. Pac ain't the murderous power puncher he gets hyped up to be on this forum. Speed kills. He beats these guys because he's quicker. He had a speed advantage as a featherweight. Of course he has one at WW.

Comment

The great trainer/match-maker definetly helped him!

But he had the same "great" trainer when Morales whooped him...
                      Okay, I get it now...

Yes, Pac has taken loses, what great fighter (beside a few) hasn't? Why can't you just see, and admit he is an improved fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X