Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BoMac: The world sees ESPN treats Fury different from the way they treat Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sh.it they treat Fury Different

Let’s count the ways Fury is more marketable then Bud

Fury’s a HW - as long as the Hw division has some half decent talent / names will always be the division of choice for Networks & casual fans. It’s the easiest to market and the division that will get people even non boxing fans to watch if it’s a big fight. Buds in the 2nd best division now but he needs big name Opponets to get casuals interested in and TR doesn’t have the stable and hasn’t put him in a must watch fight his entire Career

Personality- Hate him or love him , Fury’s a natural entertainer. Interviews/ Ringwalks / Press Conferences. Fury has as he would say Panache. Bud who’s personality I love because he wants to genuinely f.uck up his opponets Bud can be thought of as having a boring personality . His idea of entertainment is beating the brakes of his Opponets. But outside of the ring he isn’t going to have fans gravitate towards him

And finally Fury is White. This trumps Everything a white English speaking Entertaining HW is the trifecta for networks. He is someone that they want to get behind. The only that thing missing for Fury to be a Network/ Marketers Set Dream is if he was American / Wasn’t Flabby And was Handsome. If he had that as well , forget about it he’d be hyped like the second coming of Jesus.

BoMac just needs To accept what Bud is and stop complaining , he’s been treated well by TR but he isn’t marketable to a casual audience and his PPV # prove this

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      good listen. He also says the fight will happen with Spence and it has to build a bit more.

If he doesn’t resign with espn in a year where else would he fight ? Lol. That’s where top rank has their fights and he’s still got like 3 more years on his promotional contract
      Did he consider or think any of this through before extending his contract with Top Rank?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Crawford has class... that loud mouthed Brit doesn’t.
        Both guys are elite fighters but I'm with you on this one - I'm not really a fan of Fury's loudmothed braggadocio and respect the way Bud comports himself (that he's a chess player and dog lover helps too) far more... sad thing is the brash bullchit is almost always gonna garner more attention - translating into more money - especially in this sport, and even more especially in the Heavyweight division.

Probably Fury's ish is more of act than anything, playing the game and playing it well, but there's always a choice.

Comment

Of course he would get treated different, more money is being invested in Fury who is in the heavyweight division which gets more exposure. Their personalities are completely different as well where Tyson says a bunch of crap to get his name out there and Crawford is just a silent killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Both guys are elite fighters but I'm with you on this one - I'm not really a fan of Fury's loudmothed braggadocio and respect the way Bud comports himself (that he's a chess player and dog lover helps too) far more... sad thing is the brash bullchit is almost always gonna garner more attention - translating into more money - especially in this sport, and even more especially in the Heavyweight division.

Probably Fury's ish is more of act than anything, playing the game and playing it well, but there's always a choice.

Well said...thanks....

I’m like the waterboy calling captain insane~o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7xsCFI_c8

Comment

ESPN figure they can make more money from Fury than they can with Crawford. It's business.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Crawford has class... that loud mouthed Brit doesn’t.
                I'm pretty sure Fury has never been convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison, unlike young Terence.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Fury has never been convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison, unlike young Terence.
                  If he was an American fury might.

Going to prison in America is easy.

America locks up, more people per 100,000, than any country, including China and Russia.

My Russian buddy, says, and. I quote, “America is the most beautiful gulag in the world!”

Source. Max Doronkin, Max limo
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHsC0uhCpg

He picked me up last time I was stateside...

Max....he knows gulag when he sees it.

I’m Godfather to his daughter, friends since 1991.

Comment

They are in different circumstances.

Fury already is great at self promotion but he is in the mix with wilder, AJ and now Ruiz. Those fights can get made rather easily compared to Crawford fighting anyone good at 147.

Crawford has fought everone available with Arum, all the good fights left are Haymond fighters and we know how that goes.

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    Did he consider or think any of this through before extending his contract with Top Rank?
                    This. Crawford is going to fizzle out publicity wise if he stays with Arum. They are trying to say ESPN is holding back crawford because hes black but ESPN doesnt get him the fights, Arum did. Arum did the same thing with Bradley, after Pac and JMM, there was **** left for him to fight in the Toprank stable and Arum-Haymond refuse to work together 99% of the time.

Comment

Crawford signs his contracts and knows who is in the Top Rank stable. A big portion of his lack of proper opponents is down to him signing with Arum. If the Pac/Floyd fight wasn't an indication of how Bob likes to marinate fights, I don't know what is.

If Crawford was unhappy with his lackluster opponents, he would have signed with PBC a while ago.He is content fighting bum after bum....and that's coming from someone who believes he is the best in WW, but he needs to pass the real test instead of the eye test.
                      Last edited by damned1974; 06-26-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X