Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo and GGG vs Ward if he decides to come out of retirement. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
    Triple ***** will NEVER fight Ward at any weight above 160, while Canelo is searching for glory at LHW.
    BS. The only thing Canelo is seeking is an excuse not to fight GGG. He wouldn't even fight Jacobs without a morning weigh in. Only a fool believes Canelo is going to challenge a good light heavyweight champ without a catchweight in place. Bivol said he would fight Canelo at 168 but Canelo won't ever take that fight. Ward is done fighting for good. The only time he offered to fight GGG at 168 was when GGG already had a fight with Lemieux and then Ward went to 175 because he couldn't make 168. Canelo will never go to 175 without a catchweight and there is no glory in that.Canelo even had a morning weigh in for that very weak 168 pound champ Fielding. There's your glory.

Comment

dude ward is way bigger than both fighters, he'll tame both ez

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        The fights would play out the way most Ward fights do. Ward would be getting out boxed and would resort to head butts, low blows and holding in order to be competitive. Since Ward is better at this than anyone, he'd beat both guys by decision.
        Lol I more or less agree with your sentiments man...I have watched many Ward fights and I never really saw him dominate against good opposition (even Bika, Barrera, Miranda etc).

But he was definitely a great tough dirty fighter, so if he was able to get away with it and would get the close rounds as he usually would, who could stop him ya know...I don't really see him getting the close rounds against Canelo though, probably against GGG he would.

I just never really saw him clearly beat anyone good without controversy except Froch and I had that 7-5 for Andre...but he was good at mucking up rounds and since he was always the home fighter he would get most of those rounds.

In a neutral setting with proper judging and officiating I honestly think he has quite a few losses on his resume and probably another few DQs as well. He was a tough smart fighter though I give him that all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
          Nobody beats ward unless he moves up. ward a SUPERIOR boxer

usyk vs ward would be interesting. I still favor ward
          Really? I just never really saw it from Ward on that top level...I never really saw him separate boxing wise like Floyd or others would do and clearly win rounds...just wasn't really his skillset...Idk I watched a lot of his fights and I just never really saw the skills from him at all...definitely a tough smart fighter though for sure.

Comment

I was never really fond of Ward's skills...just never really saw him separate at the top level or even against other good boxers.

So yeah I think in a neutral setting he would struggle to legitimately beat either guy...depending on the weight, time, etc. Even when Ward gets a little dirty and mucks up rounds, I still don't really see him clearly winning a lot of them...he just doesn't really land a lot of shots round in and round out...his opponent is almost always more active and out-throwing him...contrast that to a Mayweather who would get walked backwards but would still generally outland and outthrow his man.

But basically if they all fought in the US and Ward was allowed to get a little dirty...it would probably go 12 rounds...and 10 of them would be close rounds...so whoever you liked and were rooting for going in, that's who most would pick as the winner lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Really? I just never really saw it from Ward on that top level...I never really saw him separate boxing wise like Floyd or others would do and clearly win rounds...just wasn't really his skillset...Idk I watched a lot of his fights and I just never really saw the skills from him at all...definitely a tough smart fighter though for sure.
              Ward lost first fight with kov. Floyd lost first fight with castillo

Floyd cherry picked a lot of his fights after castillo. He does have good wins. Not like all were cherry picked. But still

Ward dont got the mouth like Floyd to sell or suck off haymon

Ward won that showtime tournament that made him significant since then.....

Floyd made it look easy didn’t he. So did Andre ward with better respectable opposition .

I mean Andre ain’t no light weight or welterweight. Like what you expect him to do. The fight with chad Dawson. What more you want ???

Comment

Ward beats them both to a pulp. Maybe the same night.

Comment

golovkin never fought at SMW so we dont know how good he was there, but we know ward was HOF-sque there.

We have to assume Ward wins until GGG moves up and proves otherwise.

Mayweather has never fought at MW and SMW, we have to assume he loses until given evidence.

Both would offer a very tough fight though.

Comment

Ward won the Olympics, back in 2004, at the Light Heavyweight (178.6 lb)...

Comment

Ward cruises to a UD using his standard tactics of working the body (punching the balls), clinch work (slipping in the elbow) and controlled aggression (charging headbutts).

Comment

Working...
                      X