No announcement yet.

Cancio-machado 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancio-machado 2

Tomorrow night, rematch of one of the best fights this year takes place on DAZN...not enough talk about this fight.

Cancio was way too strong in the first fight, but machado claims he was very weight drained...both fighters proved they can hurt n put each other on the canvas, so who wins?

Ill go with cancio again, this time by stoppage in the 9th in an even better fight.

Originally posted by Justintimothyko View Post
    Tomorrow night, rematch of one of the best fights this year takes place on DAZN...not enough talk about this fight.

Cancio was way too strong in the first fight, but machado claims he was very weight drained...both fighters proved they can hurt n put each other on the canvas, so who wins?

Ill go with cancio again, this time by stoppage in the 9th in an even better fight.
    Well, I picked Machado last time so I'm going with Machado again. I didn't really expect him to stay at JrLW after all the weight talk and with his height, but I'm trusting that he's got that figured out.
    Hoping he uses his reach advantage and had a better camp.
    I'm going with a stoppage as well, but Machado with a TKO in the 8th.

You got a pick for Sunday, Rigo vs Ceja ? I'm also expecting Sergio Garcia and Charlo to have an "easy" time with Rabchanka and Cota, respectively. Rigo by Decision. What say you ?

Let's roll bro

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
      Well, I picked Machado last time so I'm going with Machado again. I didn't really expect him to stay at JrLW after all the weight talk and with his height, but I'm trusting that he's got that figured out.
      Hoping he uses his reach advantage and had a better camp.
      I'm going with a stoppage as well, but Machado with a TKO in the 8th.

You got a pick for Sunday, Rigo vs Ceja ? I'm also expecting Sergio Garcia and Charlo to have an "easy" time with Rabchanka and Cota, respectively. Rigo by Decision. What say you ?

Let's roll bro
      Haha lets go!!

No doubt, machado will put up a better fight than the first time around...i just dont know how he will react to cancios body shots, especially in the middle to late rounds. Either way, i think were in for a war n i cant wait!!

As for sundays card, ive yet to see either rigo or charlos opponents, but im likely gonna check em out on youtube tomorrow..but most likely rigo n charlo will win in convincing fashion, its too bad harrison got hurt.

Comment

I never love these bad KO immediate rematch situations. Thought it was a bad idea for Dogboe & that turned into a fact. Think its a bad idea for Joshua. And I think its a bad idea here. Bold way to comeback from an L if you win obviously, but I don't love the odds of people reversing the first result.

So I think Cancio just might have Machado's number & it kinda looked like it in the first fight. I'm going with Cancio, but this is an interesting matchup between a legit professional boxer & a guy who can obviously box, but its more a side gig then its his main gig still. I tend to think a lot of the behind the scenes massively go into the favor of the legit pro boxer in this situation, but then again sometimes a guy is just wrong for you & maybe thats whats up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I never love these bad KO immediate rematch situations. Thought it was a bad idea for Dogboe & that turned into a fact. Think its a bad idea for Joshua. And I think its a bad idea here. Bold way to comeback from an L if you win obviously, but I don't love the odds of people reversing the first result.

So I think Cancio just might have Machado's number & it kinda looked like it in the first fight. I'm going with Cancio, but this is an interesting matchup between a legit professional boxer & a guy who can obviously box, but its more a side gig then its his main gig still. I tend to think a lot of the behind the scenes massively go into the favor of the legit pro boxer in this situation, but then again sometimes a guy is just wrong for you & maybe thats whats up here.
          I agree...freddie roach was talking about how machado had an extra two weeks to lose the weight, but i dont see that being much of a difference...but based off machados fighting pride alone n willingness to avenge his loss, were in for a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintimothyko View Post
            Haha lets go!!

No doubt, machado will put up a better fight than the first time around...i just dont know how he will react to cancios body shots, especially in the middle to late rounds. Either way, i think were in for a war n i cant wait!!

As for sundays card, ive yet to see either rigo or charlos opponents, but im likely gonna check em out on youtube tomorrow..but most likely rigo n charlo will win in convincing fashion, its too bad harrison got hurt.
            Well, in a sense we were both wrong, in that Machado really can't seem to do much of anything against Cancio. I suppose it was a "war" for 1 or 2 rounds. I mean, even his career is questionable now to me, if everybody is able to use Cancio's blueprint. You were spot on regarding the body shots. Maybe it's the 130 weight, IDK.
            I'm pissed I didn't change my pick. Thinking with the heart too much maybe.

I'm just getting tired of picking wrong ! Well, I did get Hart, Fury, and Warrington right, but Dorticos and Briedis wrong.

You should join the NSB PICK EM'S. It's fun and makes the cards more interesting (as well as pissed off). You notice I usually rap with you and a couple other guys before each weekend, about picks. Well, take care. I hope Rigo pulls through. Damn Machado poser ! Peace.

Comment

Good analysis. I thought Machado would show more finesse in the rematch, but Cancio had his number. Unbelievable that Cancio is still working a full-time job. Good luck to the man

Comment

Alberto Machado vs. Andrew Cancio II

Alberto Machado vs. Andrew Cancio I

Comment

How about Andrew Cancio - Joseph Diaz rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                    Well, in a sense we were both wrong, in that Machado really can't seem to do much of anything against Cancio. I suppose it was a "war" for 1 or 2 rounds. I mean, even his career is questionable now to me, if everybody is able to use Cancio's blueprint. You were spot on regarding the body shots. Maybe it's the 130 weight, IDK.
                    I'm pissed I didn't change my pick. Thinking with the heart too much maybe.

I'm just getting tired of picking wrong ! Well, I did get Hart, Fury, and Warrington right, but Dorticos and Briedis wrong.

You should join the NSB PICK EM'S. It's fun and makes the cards more interesting (as well as pissed off). You notice I usually rap with you and a couple other guys before each weekend, about picks. Well, take care. I hope Rigo pulls through. Damn Machado poser ! Peace.
                    I'll have to check it out.

Unfortunately for me, I fell asleep after the first round, n woke up just in time to see the replay of the body shot, lol!

I thought the co main would go like the main event did, n the main like the co feature, but yup, we were wrong.

But how about the acosta-soto fight!? FOTY candidate for sure, but a horrible stoppage, especially since Acosta shoulda been up on the cards, would love to see a rematch.

That fight and the Cobb fight were GREAT, n I'm extremely satisfied with both DAZN cards yesterday.

Charlo n rigorous up next, I don't know anything about their opponents, but hopefully they can be somewhat competitive.

Peace, n god bless.

Comment

Working...
                    X