Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there been another fighter in history...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    so does the ts not want to answer this?
    He does not...He is getting choked out in his own topic, and just doesn't care. The kid has backbone, I give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      Who started off ordinary and then all of a sudden become extroadanary like Manny Pacquiao? I don't seem to be able to remember anyone who started off an ordinary fighter and then all of a sudden became extroadanary like Pacquiao has done. There have been fighters who had losses early in their career and went on to become very good. The only fighter I know is Cristian Mijares for example lost 3 times early in his career to 3 guys with a combined record of 2 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws. But this was totally different because he was like 16 years old and 2 of the losses were in 4 round bouts. And while Mijares was ranked in the p4p lists at one time and looked impressive, He didnt look invincible like Pacquiao. You could see his vulnerability.

Wheras with Pacquiao he won his first 18 bouts, Became champion but he was still an relatively ordinary fighter. He was of course knocked out by Medgoen Singsurat when he was champion, Outboxed by Erik Morales even though his opponent was clearly declining. Yes Morales only had 2 losses to Barrera but he didnt look the same fighter as he was a few years before. The fights with Barrera took alot out of him. Pacquiao also looked terrible in the 1st Marquez fight aside from the 1st round, but then after that. Something dramatic happened, He moved up several weight divisions and now looks like the terminator!

Has there been anyone else who started off ordinary and then became extroadanary out of nowhere? Please post if you can remember anyone...
      Well Carlos Baldomir, did good to recover his career until Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
        it seems a lot of guys have answered the question for you. just like to add some great fighters who lost early in their careers:

bob foster - great hall of fame light heavyweight champion lost by ko in his 10 fight, lost by UD in his 13 fight, then lost again by ko in his 17th fight. Ended up being one of the best lightheavyweights of all time.

veeraphol sahaprom - great bantamweight lost by tko in his 5th fight will be inducted in the hall of fame as soon as he retires.

jose napoles - great welterweight hall of famer lost in his 8th fight.

tony zale - hall of famer. lost his 10th & 11th fights.

rocky graziano - hall of famer. lost in his 10th fight.

fred apostoli - hall of famer. lost by tko in his 7th fight.

antonio cervantes - hall of famer. lost in his 2nd fight. lost by ko in his 20th fight. similar to the amount of fight that pacman fought when he lost. both lost to guys with similar records.

the list goes on. anything that is being done now by fighters have been done before. boxing has such a long storied rich history, everything has been done before. what pacman is doing is nothing new at all. nothing. its been done before. how can you seriously try to discredit his early losses when his horrible circumstance is common knowledge?

All that matters is what you do in your prime. Who you beat & what you do in your prime means more than who you lost to before your prime & after your prime.

Ask sugar ray robinson & the klitsckho brothers. ray robinson lost a lot of fights after his prime while the brothers lost to ordinary fighters in their prime.

I said ordinary to extroadanary. Losing one fight doesnt make you ordinary. But your post is heavily flawed anyway, Fighters were fighting like 15-20 times per year back then. So it was much easier to lose then than it is now, You couldnt give me one fighter from this era that has done what Pacquiao has done. The Klitschko's the best in their division but they still arent extroadanary. Name me one fighter from 2000 onwards who started off ordinary and became extroadanary. Im waiting...

All the great fighters of this era started off good and remained good or started off good and declined towards the end of their careers. Ricardo Lopez, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Joe Calzaghe, James Toney, Roy Jones, Oscar De La Hoya, Pernell Whitaker, Felix Trinidad, Shane Mosley, Winky Wright and Bernard Hopkins are all examples of my logic.

There is no fighters of this era who have evolved like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          He does not...He is getting choked out in his own topic, and just doesn't care. The kid has backbone, I give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
            Who started off ordinary and then all of a sudden become extroadanary like Manny Pacquiao? I don't seem to be able to remember anyone who started off an ordinary fighter and then all of a sudden became extroadanary like Pacquiao has done. There have been fighters who had losses early in their career and went on to become very good. The only fighter I know is Cristian Mijares for example lost 3 times early in his career to 3 guys with a combined record of 2 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws. But this was totally different because he was like 16 years old and 2 of the losses were in 4 round bouts. And while Mijares was ranked in the p4p lists at one time and looked impressive, He didnt look invincible like Pacquiao. You could see his vulnerability.

Wheras with Pacquiao he won his first 18 bouts, Became champion but he was still an relatively ordinary fighter. He was of course knocked out by Medgoen Singsurat when he was champion, Outboxed by Erik Morales even though his opponent was clearly declining. Yes Morales only had 2 losses to Barrera but he didnt look the same fighter as he was a few years before. The fights with Barrera took alot out of him. Pacquiao also looked terrible in the 1st Marquez fight aside from the 1st round, but then after that. Something dramatic happened, He moved up several weight divisions and now looks like the terminator!

Has there been anyone else who started off ordinary and then became extroadanary out of nowhere? Please post if you can remember anyone...
            The wonder of PED's

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
              I guess in "history" means 10 years.

Comment

gerald mcclellan

Comment

It’s always nice to look back at old threads like these. This was back when people refused to believe that Pac was actually a special fighter, crazy to see how much has changed over the years. A once in a lifetime fighter and still fighting while proving to his haters that he’s a ATG for a reason. Pac’s legacy is surely getting better overtime.
                  Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 06-01-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
                    It’s always nice to look back at old threads like these. This was back when people refused to believe that Pac was actually a special fighter, crazy to see how much has changed over the years. A once in a lifetime fighter and still fighting while proving to his haters that he’s a ATG for a reason. Pac’s legacy is surely getting better overtime.
                    go to a yardsale or something.

Comment

It’s time to give credit where credit is due! The man is a living legend, there’s no denying that.

Comment

Working...
                      X