Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Chavez Jr really don't like to train as they say?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Chavez Jr really don't like to train as they say?

Look at this pic, back in 2012 in the weight in of his fight against Andy Lee. He surely has a good looking body for a boxer. Better than average probably. There are many fighters that have fat here and there, and they don't get criticized as Jr does.

he was w ariza

Comment

Having fat doesn't mean you don't train hard.

Juan Diaz was permanently chubby and he trained his butt off.

Comment

Originally posted by blakey View Post
        he was w ariza
        And what does it mean? do you think he is the only one that takes/tooks peds?

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Having fat doesn't mean you don't train hard.

Juan Diaz was permanently chubby and he trained his butt off.
          Ok... just look at that body. Jr has just about ZERO fat on his body. Yet they claim he doesn't train. And then fighters with fat are training his butt off...

Maybe, as you say, you can train hard and still have fat. But what about the opposite? having zero fat as a consequence of not training? non sense.

Comment

thats when chavez was serious about it but now he has a non chalant attitiude towards boxing he doesn't really care he has millions

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Ok... just look at that body. Jr has just about ZERO fat on his body. Yet they claim he doesn't train. And then fighters with fat are training his butt off...

Maybe, as you say, you can train hard and still have fat. But what about the opposite? having zero fat as a consequence of not training? non sense.
              It's not as much as a result of body compisition as it is about a good training work ethic.

This man has gone through trainer's like mexicans deficate cilantro. A trainer shouldn't have to go to your house and ask you to train when you feel like training. It's about recognizing you have a job to do and you need to do your part in doing it. Jr still hasn't grasped that concept.

Comment

That was when he showing promise and about to reach whatever potential he had. I guess that would have been his best fight (even thought it was in Texas and Steward had drug testing questions)

but yeah Arum put him in as good a position as could be and he treated the Martinez fight like a joke, not training, playing games with Roach, getting a DUI, etc... and he went out and got battered around.

Martinez was a machine in that fight but Jr still managed to hurt him - any amount of serious training for that fight maybe that would have happened in the 9th-10th like I thought it would, instead of the closing moments. It was setup perfect for him and he didn't train. Now things have been compounded - whatever technique he had is at rock bottom levels. garcia has a lot of work to do
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-28-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

So the reality is that the guy lost motivation, perhaps? I think he can still make 160. 160 is where he can be a top contender. Yeah, he abuses of his size and weight. At 168 I don't see him being a top contender, even if he trained hard.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    So the reality is that the guy lost motivation, perhaps? I think he can still make 160. 160 is where he can be a top contender. Yeah, he abuses of his size and weight. At 168 I don't see him being a top contender, even if he trained hard.
                    Dude the only way Jr makes 160 is if Donald Trump chases him on a hamster wheel and feeds him carrots for life.
                    Last edited by jri9d0; 07-28-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X