No announcement yet.

Locking up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heavyfists View Post
    In Mexico many gyms have their boxers strike the bag with their head, it can also be done with the speed bag. It does take the fear away.
    I always thought they were blocking punches with their heads, I guess the head is like a double edged sword. You can block his punches with it, then hit him with a massive strike. If he's doing the same thing, it's gonna be a draw with a concussion from both sides.

Comment

Work your jab a little bit more but dont forget to still create off of it.

Conditioning also helps so you can maintain the distance you want. If your gassed your not going to effectively use your jab or have the energy to keep them on the outside.

Comment

I was fighting a street fighter in a friendly boxing match he hit me with a extended straight arm as hard as he could leaving himself wide open.but he was faster that's why I couldn't counter. I probably lost bc I didn't have confidence and I was getting peer pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by SSFBOXER View Post
          I was fighting a street fighter in a friendly boxing match he hit me with a extended straight arm as hard as he could leaving himself wide open.but he was faster that's why I couldn't counter. I probably lost bc I didn't have confidence and I was getting peer pressure.
          I'd suggest you don't fight anymore.

Comment

When someone is throwing a bunch of random garbage punches how do i keep from getting locked up with my head down.because when I do it they just hit me a lot and I end up turning around trying to get out.I really want to stop doing this.And how long does it usually take someone to have enough skills to beat someone in a street fight.
            For starters you need to have a good defensive move that you can rely on.
            It could be your footwork, bob, weave. If you watch most good fighters out there. They have a go to defensive move.

Look at Andre Ward for instance when you throw a jab or a right at him he dips to his right with the his left shoulder up and then he either smothers you, counters you, clinches you or step away to the right and resets.

That's really one defensive move that he does over and over and he varies the ending of it. He basically just ducks to his right with his lead shoulder up.

Once you have a go to defensive mood and you practice it then will be easier to not get punched that much. Good Luck!

Comment

Piss off *******

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                For starters you need to have a good defensive move that you can rely on.
                It could be your footwork, bob, weave. If you watch most good fighters out there. They have a go to defensive move.

Look at Andre Ward for instance when you throw a jab or a right at him he dips to his right with the his left shoulder up and then he either smothers you, counters you, clinches you or step away to the right and resets.

That's really one defensive move that he does over and over and he varies the ending of it. He basically just ducks to his right with his lead shoulder up.

Once you have a go to defensive mood and you practice it then will be easier to not get punched that much. Good Luck!
                Thanks I know I have a good offence bit my defence is bad that's why I'm trying to get my coach to teach me more defence

Comment

Thanks I know I have a good offence bit my defence is bad that's why I'm trying to get my coach to teach me more defence
                  Start doing rounds where you literally throw no punches and learn to slip up close and get comfortable when someone is firing. Footwork is clutch, learn how not to get baited by over parrying on their double jab etc... learning defense is just as important as offense, then tie both together from say a slip to body hook to a #3, turn the corner then 2,3,2 etc... this way you are moving defending and firing back.

Comment

Working...
                  X