No announcement yet.

Broner=Everything we wanted Mayweather to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    broner is currently more exciting than mayweather, but it doesnt mean he is better. age for age mayweather was a demolishing machine at that weight, and no one is denying that
    when in history hasn't a 23 yr old been more exciting than a 35 yr old?

Comment

• At 23 Floyd was beating the shyt out of Corralles (RIP) and dropped him 5 times. Gimme a break.

Floyd-Cotto wasnt exciting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        when in history hasn't a 23 yr old been more exciting than a 35 yr old?
        thats what im sayin, and nothing more, for someone in here who said broner is better than mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
          At 23 Floyd was beating the shyt out of Corralles (RIP) and dropped him 5 times. Gimme a break.

Floyd-Cotto wasnt exciting?

yes it damn well was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
            So I guess my opinion of comparisons is not valid based on the fact that Broner should only be compared to the same age Floyd or that I should wait until Broner gets to weight class Mayweather is now? He uses the style better and take risks which is what I would like to see Floyd do more of since he has the ability, Broner uses the style more effective for fans sake
            LOL@ the buffoonery displayed in this thread.

First, Broner is nowhere near the level of skill that Floyd is/was.

I like Broner. in fact, I was one of few who sang his praises on this forum years ago along with Gray Russell Jr.

That said ... Broner looked great, but didn't even come close to putting on the performance that Floyd did against Corrales.

Deez is clearly an agenda troll.

I wonder if he thinks before he speaks/writes.

Has anyone ever asked Batman to take off his utility belt before he fought?

Has anyone ever asked Superman to let his opponents bring kryptonite brass knuckles to a fight?

Has anyone ever asked any professional fighter to adopt a specific strategy for the sake of entertaining the fans?

The answer to all of these questions is no.

No one asks anyone to do anything but what they do in a fight except trolls who suggest silliness such as "Yeah he beat everybody who was anybody but he didn't stand and trade to do it" or "He never gives the other guy a chance to land cleanly because he's afraid".

I said it before and I'll say it again: Broner and Russell are the likely candidates to be the future of boxing barring any unforeseen derailments. I'd like to throw Ward's name in there as well but I'm not so sure how well his talents will translate at 175lbs.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              These are the moments where you get to see who just started watching boxing within the last few years.
              Absolutely.

And after Broner's last fight it seems like around 90%+ haven't seen Mayweather's early career. Much more than I orginally thought and feared.

I mean, this is Mayweather, the biggest star of the last few years. All of his fights are available on the internet. How can you have not seen his career? Of all people. Even new fans.

Comment

• jajajaja C'mon! Broner now its a super fighter? no, he is good, he has a great future but, better than mayweather? No, no and no. Its ****ing easy and simple...

G. Hernandez, J.Chavez, Diego Corrales, JLC >>>> Eloy Perez, A. DeMarco, Escobedo, Ponce de Leon.

Mayweather competition at 130, 135 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  yes it damn well was!
                  Not as exciting as Pacquiao Cotto!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Not as exciting as Pacquiao Cotto!
                    Actually it was 10 times more exciting because unlike Manny Pacquiao, Floyd allowed the very best Cotto to show up instead of weight draining him for an advantage.

Cotto gave his best. Floyd stood toe to toe and delivered the fight of the year.

Pacquiao simply stipulated that Cotto couldn't come into the match at full strength.

Proof of that is when recent talks of a rematch surfaced, Pacquiao REFUSED without the catchweight because he knew Cotto wanted revenge and was dominating at jrMW.

Like usual, Pacquiao figured "Why take the chance?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                      Broner is honestly a better version of Mayweather. Instead of fighting a safe fight to secure the win he knows when to turn up the heat and get his opponent out of there. He has good defense, speed, and can turn up his offense when needed. Props to Broner, he might be one of the most annoying boxers but his skills are top notch

Comment

Working...
                      X